PDX Owners!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to keep it i guess. I have sold my stantons on Ebay. I'll miss them. Yeah for some reason i could hear a hell of a rumble from the PDX. May have been my carts. Goin get some new ones today.

thats dope man! maybe like....see if you can tighten some screws or something to try and eliminate the noise...but that might not entirely be a good idea......and this might not be true or not but you might have one of the older modeled PDX's, the older ones have been said to have rumble problems....

....oh and you sold your Stantons pretty fast huh??? I talked to you like two days ago and you already got them sold?

btw....we need to sessshhh

These are the serial numbers of the PDX affected by rumble: -

230V: 07N010201 – 23N380500

120V: 07U010401 – 23U380700

100V: 07F010001 – 22F370300

This is the suggested fix from Vestax: -

1. On the main PCB (the largest PCB located besides the motor), remove the following six diodes; D705, D706, D735, D736, D765 and D766.

2. Replace the following resistors (from 820 ohm to 470 ohm); R709, R739 and R769.

Did you buy a MK2, or one of the old MK1?

I have mine set up with the tonearm pushed down as low as it can so it's not angled. The cart is mounted flush with the headshell (not angled!) without the extra headshell weight. Then I add about 2.5-3.5 grammes of weight depending on what I'm doing. Also, make sure the platter is firmly screwed to the deck - if the two screws are loose that can cause it to be insecure.

Thats exactly how i have it set up tonearmwise. I went and got a m447 and it was sounding sweet. I didnt get to cut with my 707 on it yet.

I bought it new. Still a chance that it is one of the defects?

Yeah a regular pdx2000 gray. I will have to check when i get back to the studio about the serial. I guess ots the mk1 should i have got the mk2?

MK2 has a totally different platter. It's more like a Technics. It also has an improved pitch control and the lid hinges have been removed so you can have it flush to your mixer.

It depends on the price difference mate. If the MK2 are not much more, I would do an exchange.

Oh I see. the mk2 have a spring adjustment for the arm, and a lower platter.

That high platter is funny. Do you raise your mixer?

It's the MK2 Pro that have the spring on the tonearm. The regular MK2 don't.

I've only ever owned PDX so I'm used to the high platter. I don't really notice much difference when I use Techs, but I guess if you juggle then it might be awkward.

That's $200 more for the regular MK2, not the MK2 Pro right? If it is, I'd stick with what you have, otherwise see how much the regular MK2 is.

I've had my PDX MK1 for about 3 years now and I've never had any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys have to remember that if you use a OM cartridge from a 1200 to a pdx, you would have to realign the cartridge depending on the position it was.

i dunno how you guys do it, maybe my needles are shit but they're the white labels which use the same exact cartridge has the m44-7 except the m44's have a stronger bass to them.. they never skipped on my 1200's but recently i just did a swap with a friend (not a permanent one) and so i'm using his pdx's now and they skip like a little girl playing double dutch.

Tyra

Guest Deeswift

I thought that the While Labels were supposed to have a lighter bass? What I've heard conflicts with what Tyra said.

As for PDX, I just swapped back to my Tech yesterday and the difference in feel is quite large. The Tech feels like silk in comparison to the Vestax platter, plus the height of the PDX platter pissed me off.

No more mark 1's are being made so you might be able to get them cheap. The mark 2's have a platter almost the same as the Technics as well as a few other minor changes.

The 4 new Vestax decks have been on sale for a few months now though Jordan.

pdx platters are too grippy for me

im a tech whore, who cares if i skip

like q said on the turntable tv annual special 2 (as masked skratcher): who needs an unskippable tonearm, you want the needle to skip so you can scratch a lot of different sounds at the same time