PDX Owners!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im using the vestax now my TTX are just sitting on my shelf, damn this thing is awesome. yes I use the counterweight but i cant make this baby skip no matter what.

i dunno how you guys do it, maybe my needles are shit but they're the white labels which use the same exact cartridge has the m44-7 except the m44's have a stronger bass to them.. they never skipped on my 1200's but recently i just did a swap with a friend (not a permanent one) and so i'm using his pdx's now and they skip like a little girl playing double dutch. i have to set the weight to the heaviest, straight arm is a bunch of whack b.s. but i do love the turntable for the pitch functions. DOPE on that part!

Tyra

for tyra: you probably got your needles use to an S arm and when you got it on a straight arm it was already i guess molded to an S arm so thats why it skipped.

tyra....take the weight off those needles as well....they skip more on pdx's when theyr set up heavy...

if your carts are angled out for s arms that might make em skip too..

i have my tone arms set to "lowrider" position as well, right down at the bottom.....and i get very little skippage (im usin m44-7's) unless im just being heavyhanded.

hope that helpd

peace

i dunno how you guys do it, maybe my needles are shit but they're the white labels which use the same exact cartridge has the m44-7 except the m44's have a stronger bass to them.. they never skipped on my 1200's but recently i just did a swap with a friend (not a permanent one) and so i'm using his pdx's now and they skip like a little girl playing double dutch. i have to set the weight to the heaviest, straight arm is a bunch of whack b.s. but i do love the turntable for the pitch functions. DOPE on that part!

Tyra

If you take the weight off the spring will hold the needle down and never skip. With the PDX no weight is the heaviest itll get.

you gotta use the counter weight! you'll kill your records and needles in no time.

you don't need a lot of weight on a pds.

i run 3.5 g on mine, and sigma runs around 2.5 and we both don't have skippage issues.

^ really? I put both of my tables at 5.5, just enought where the whole M447 cart isnt rubbing on the record...maybe I should try to go a little lighter like you guys...

gabe!!! you've seen my PDX's more than once in person...you've never noticed the counter weights???

Obviously not you cock gobbler. Otherwise I wouldnt have asked. Session?

oh....well.......ok...haha

but uh, yes I want to session with you and Jordan at your studio or somethin...

session?

my tone arm is fucked on one on my pdx's, it's completely loose and you can pull it all the way out.

can't work out what's happened, figure I may have lost a screw but i'm fucked if i'm disassembling my working deck to suss out what';s wrong.

any pointers?

Edited by Matt

matt...how dya mean you can pull it all the way out?

y mean like all the way to its highest setting?

nah, the height adjustment bit is fine, it's the actual tonearm itself which sits inside the height adjustment mechanism that is coming out.

:|