Technics with +/- 50%...

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

so i guess its back to plan a.... backtrack can I borrow your brain for a week or two so i can figure out how to do this? the digital box you mentioned sounds cool....

I just wanna be able to go down to -50%.....

the thing i noticed with the vid i posted is that the torque seems pretty good, he stops the playyer with his thumb at one point and it jumps right up to speed very quickly.

Guest Symatic

ok so i found this thread

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4506&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

where the same guy who makes the mega pitch box i posted about is giving advice to someone trying to get 78rpm.

I'm struggling to understand it all though. but basically, as Backtrack said, you can just change out the crystal which is a relatively simple mod to do by the looks of it.

but figuring out which frequency to choose is the challenge.

this website sells them though,

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=107203+2031+203436

so i guess its back to plan a.... backtrack can I borrow your brain for a week or two so i can figure out how to do this? the digital box you mentioned sounds cool....

I just wanna be able to go down to -50%.....

Working on it but im so busy with else all the time. I have found a way that should work very well and give you any range you want.

Give me a month or so.

Guest Symatic

awww yeah :)

@eric.... yeah i know.... I use pdx ususally so its not like i NEED a -50% deck. but theres definately something i like about technics, and i'd like to try one at this speed.... pity its such a ball ache. but its one of those things ive ended up obsessing over. remember a while back you spotted a £40 str8150 in bristol on gumtree? i missed it unfortunately but was well up for it just so i had all the 3 best tt's mwahahaha. but the tech's just feel diffferent, its gotta happen!

Guest Symatic

yep theyre a bit of a cheat, BUT i do like that you can arrange sounds so that one revolution contains a bar's worth of sounds. so -50% in 33 mode gives you cuts perfect for around 70bpm, and you press the 45 button and boom your up to about 90.

so it does actually make a lot of sense.....

when i cut on my tech's its like fast forward for me. the tape deck goes nice and slowly too so its pretty easy to see where you are

• 6 months later...
Guest Symatic

I had done a mod like this back in 2010.

I changed the crystals on my 1210 and I got +/-28% pitch but it was very unstable.

Yeah i saw that man, looks cool!

Yeah that was why i contacted the guy, so we could get round the instability. I you check the vid further up this thread, theres a uk guy who uses a digital signal from an external box to replace the quartz in the technics, abd he get very stable results... So i showed that to KAB and the guy seems to have sussed another way of doing it

• 1 year later...

So this is now officially real - DJ Select has had his mod fitted, and mines in the mail.....

heres a vid with some shitty ultrapitch record as a demo :)

link not workin - go here

I'm going to try to get up with Select on the 16 to sesh and can't wait to try this shit out out. He says it's stable and there's plenty of torque.