Traktor Kontrol Z2 mixer

Steve

surprised to see no one, at least in the sample range, went for a vintage look with a custom. im talking 80 mixers/synths, not old school graff.

Probably not that surprising when you consider its an American website and the USA is there biggest market. Show me an American that knows how custom and subtle can co exist?

But you certainly read my mind with the old vintage synth thing you described,

• Like 1

Now we've got a logo coming we can start branding the shit out of everything... A mixer skin would be supreme, of course - only slightly overshadowed by Jimmy's future SSS tattoo.

This is why I want stickers too - ideally small and tasteful so they can be applied to decks and mixers (even if just for the SSS sessions).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When the Z2 first came out, between a few faders that slipped past quality control lag-wise and the Craze video not featuring that much straight scratching, there seemed to be a bit of an internet misconception that the stock crossfader was a bit of a compromise when it came to hardcore scratching.

Ever since reading a few ill-informed forum comments (not here on DV of course), I've been on the lookout for scratch vid that puts these rumours to bed... I'm not saying this is my favourite new scratch vid or anything like that, but he seems to be managing ok the mini-innofader.

TW, how do you use the effects when you're using regular vinyl? I read that you can do it (I think Paul mentioned it on here), but I don't know how. Cheers.

Hey Steve, make sure the traktor button on which ever deck is lit, then hold shift and press the traktor button again and it will put the deck into live input. This will let you use effects & record vinyl records from within Traktor.

Hope that helps!

It does help mate, thanks. I knew how to do it, but I didn't know how to do it directly from the mixer.

I've asked this before, but I can't remember the answer - Let's say that you're scratching with echo on. Is there a way to tap a button to set the frequency of the echo manually so it's in time with the beat?

Is there a way to tap a button to set the frequency of the echo manually so it's in time with the beat?

All fx are synced to whatever is set as the master tempo, so your grids need to be tight. Try using the t3 delay in group mode, then you can adjust the the fx knob for the desired rate

I've mapped the shift button to tap tempo for when I'm cutting to records or external sources. It's quite simple to do if you want me to explain how?

Open Preferences

Open control manager

Select the "Device" (near the top of the preferences window)

Select "Traktor Kontrol Z2" from drop down menu,

Select "Add In…." (near middle of window)

Select "Master Clock" from drop down menu

Select "Beat Tap" from sub menu

Select "Learn" button (middle of window)

While the "Learn" button is highlighted, press the "SHIFT" button on the Z2

De select the "Learn" button

Check "Assignment Table" window to make sure "Beat Tap (Master Clock)" is mapped to "SHIFT"

Locate "Override factory map" box and make sure box is de selected

Edit: To check if working the software "TAP" button in the master clock area should light up when you hit shift on the Z2, with clock set to master you should see the bpm adjust accordingly. Bare in mind that shift still activates the secondary controls on the Z2 so be aware of what controls you hit while tapping shift

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, i've bought a Z2 and my xfader has got bout 4mm of cut in...

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/4830/crosszy.jpg

anybody tried this? And did it fix the cut in issue?

First, try recalibrating the faders in traktor's software (preferences box).

If that doesn't work, try the recalibration process you posted above.

If that doesn't work, try the same recalibration process, but this time actually push the fader stem hard against the end of the fader rather than just letting rest at it's natural stopping point.

If none of that works, complain to NI via there annoying ticket system process and they will send you out a new replacement fader.

I dunno if you guys noticed, but there's some fairly new firmware and a new driver for the Z2. The current versions are firmware version 42 and driver version 3.1.0 (in Windows). You can see which versions you have by firing up the Z2 Control Panel and clicking on Diagnostics: -

http://i.imgur.com/OG5uO0d.jpg

I dunno why the Service Center software doesn't alert you to these updates, but you have to grab them manually here: -

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=freeupdates

You need to download "Device Updater 1.1.1" for either Windows or OS X and update the firmware, then, if you're running Windows, you can download and run "Traktor Kontrol Z2 Driver 3.1.0 - Windows" to update the driver. You'll need to reboot your PC after installing the new driver for it to show up as 3.1.0 in the Z2 Control Panel.

The new firmware supposedly improves encoder behaviour (whatever that means) and the new driver improves performance when the Z2 is connected to a USB 3.0 port on a computer running Windows 7 or 8.