Nicks/D-Styles turntable

Steve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats it got that other TT's dont?

It has buttons so you can play musical notes. You can also do the same with the foot pedal. You have to use vinyl that starts off at being a C note though or it doesn't work.

According to Loomin on Asis, this turntable is gonna be ahead of anything that comes out for the next 10 years. He would say that though cos he's a cunt.

Who knows. I think cos he replies in a thread saying "good idea Ric" that he thinks he should be credited as being part of the design team. Myself and 2ndHand were talking about foot pedal controlled decks in the 80's. I'm sure many other people were too. Perhaps we should ask to have our names engraved on the platter.

I bet this will be mega expensive when it comes out. It's about time someone who makes decks took a lesson in ergonomics and design too, cos this looks very pretty but it could still be improved upon.

yeah, i've had that footcontrol idea for ages (and thought it was a shit idea at that ;)) and the preset pitch changes thing would only be useful if you could modify the presets to pitch changes that suited you.

i dont really get the whole melodic turntables thing though really - changing the pitch of tones (using buttons in this case) seems like just a trickier way of doing something that would sound better and easier done on an mpc/synth, its like the fact that its harder makes the music better...

Well he actually says that digital turntables will not catch up with this design for 10 years. 10 years is a fucking long time. Personally I think he's talking total bollocks. Digital turntables like the CDX already have more features than analog tables.

I do too. It makes far more sense. Why be stuck with using specific records that come out based on a C note, when you can use any sounds with a CDX or something similar? I know a lot of people are dismissive of digital technology, simply because of a purist "we must use vinyl" attitude, but that's only setting them back. If people like Gabe and Tim tell me that CDXs are great to scratch with, then I'd buy one myself for sure. I think there's probably a CDX2 on the horizon though so I'll wait a little while longer.

I don't know if you saw my comments in the INVENTIONS FOR DJ's thread but It seems that it takes forums like this to get the idea's flowing. Then, for someone to take all the idea's and make something.

I was pluggin' my decks into pedal's aaggeeessss ago. No new idea, but new to have it fully integrated into a kit.

Keep it up Boy's! (and Girl's)...The future start's HERE!

pz

Capa'D

5. Make the table completely digital so you can set the numerical pitch value of each notational pitch button. IE you would set your pitch then hold down the notational button that you wished to store that pitch info. It be like digital programmable quartz lock or something, that way you are not limited by what records you use.

That's the best idea of them all for a turntable like this. I'd get well pissed off having to use only certain records for it to work properly as it is, but with this feature it would be wicked.