traktor remix deck question f1

trevor dane

All deck modes are auto to what type of file you load, only stem tracks in stem decks etc.. You don't get stem view on in traktors gui, that's been reserved for the new NI controllers for now, so when you load a stem song you only get the master file view.

For remix decks all controls in the edit section within advanced deck layout are edit controls for the individual sample cell that is currently high lighted, hence when you activate another cell the edit controls can/will differ.

May I ask how long you've been using traktor and RMX decks dude?

• Like 2

Cool, jus asking in regards to remix decks, interested to know other people's uses for them, work flow etc...

I've been pissing around with F1 RMX deck for a while now and finally got a decent way of playing looper style routines in conjunction with the loop recorder, prep can be a ball ache, so many avenues to explore having a four track mixer as a dvs deck :)

Yeah man I think stems have some potential, for the most part it's a tool that brings zero prep, user friendly live remixing to the mass's. Personally I'm a bit out of the loop with new music, I'm more interested in the stems creator tool, gonna give some interesting options for creating unique digi scratch and juggle tools :)

Loop recorder hasn't been well implemented really, it's a shame because it's a few tiny feature tweeks away from being a much more powerful tool. I'm sure your aware the Z2 works traktor in internal mode, in this mode you can only post fade sample from the master output rather than individual channels :( External mode with A6/A10... gives the loop recorder individual channel post fade sampling via a mixers fx loop, but in my experience there's very very few battle mixers that can support the oh so quiet digi fx loop I/O from traktor as you need an fx loop with individual gains for both send and return like the fx loops found on the vestax 05/08, Rodec scratchbox...

Also the whole having to copy from loop recorder to remix deck is pretty hit and miss to the point it's unusable IMO. The hope and general internet chatter is that Traktor 3 will allow sampling directly into remix decks = instant fx and dvs control over your own live sampling, plus all the other bells and whistles dropping what you've jus sampled into a four track mixer could bring. So so close to being one of the most complete live looping, multitrack tool a turntablist could dream of but as it stands the looprecorder works best as a single phrase over dubbing looper pedal with undo redo, as always limitations aren't always bad, there's still plenty that can be done combining remix decks and the loop recorder.

The vid below is me solely using remix decks and looprecorder to build and perform 8 short songs over a few different genres, most of the songs have slightly different rmx deck workflow from one another, more will become clear once I start putting up properly recorded in da studio vids. There's only two songs that use two decks, all the others are one (rmx) deck and looprecorder made. A bit ruff and ready in places, pretty new to performing routines

• Like 1

i hope the next upgrade brings the loop recorder more usable. i thought about buying a loop pedal at one point cause its sick to watch routines where people make something outta nothing, creativity at its best. i just bought the f1 cause it was cheap and i wanted to see whats up with stems but im so glad i bought it cause its so useful and such a nice addition i really wanna get two so i can make shit live and get a lot of layers in. i totally agree there needs to be a feauture allowing u to make the loop recorder load into a deck instagntley. that video is dope man bigup your sick with it. i really wanna go to community scratch games or super scratch sunday but i live in the states, hope to one year make it out to csg.

Thanks for your kind words man, I'm literally right at the beginning stage of finally having something half decent to put out online, my social media game starts and stops at Facebook. I'm in the process of recording cleaner, line in versions of the songs I can do, the above CSM/SSS vid is the only material I've got online worth checking out. Definitely interested in plugging more out lets but yeah, only jus getting things going.

The Community Scratch lads invited SSS to host at the same venue/weekend for the summer CSG BBQ this year, was the first time the events were done as a whole weekender, still buzzing man, such a dope weekend :) If your gonna come to UK for scratchvacation def plan it for when or if we do another long weekend CS/SSS mega blaster.

Have you joined the SSS Facebook page.... also find me on fb under "PaulHolland Dubbadutch", anything I'll be putting out will most likely be thru there and of course DV first :)

• Like 1

Trev mate I ain't made it to sss yet and I live in the u.k.

Also top marks dubba on the trakky skills. I got a z2 unused in the box, I'm still rockin tsp1 and a vesy 05☺️ I can't get the z2 latency low enuf with my shit lappy. When I finally own a Mac Pro I'm gunna be pestering you to educate me 😊

The current version of Traktor is the most stable I've experienced since TSP 1.8, you've definitely missed out on a world of frustration sitting back on TSP1 mate.

My understanding is that Ni don't exactly exhaust beta testing on as wider pool of windows machines as they probably should, a powerful PC will often be massively outperformed by a much less powerful Mac running Traktor, yet at the same time I do know people who run Traktor on budget PC lappys no problem. But anyway, pester away dude, happy to share the one thing I seemingly know to much about :)