new iPhone!

Deft

My 6s battery is getting pretty bad, I think Im going to come out of contract and put a new battery in for £40. Im not wanting for any spangly new features right now either - and I like the thin bezels too, Ill wait until Im swimming in cash or theyre mainstream money tho I think...

• 9 months later...

5 years later and I'm still using the same phone, the HTC Rezound, and I still fuckin' love it. The audio is amazing, granted you use the headphones, and overall it's just simple and pretty user-friendly. Only crit is the battery life, which drops to half after texting. Arg. I just charge it all the time though and don't really text much, so all is good. Only have one scratch on it too. FU consumerism!

• Like 2

I recently upgraded my £70 Cubot Dinosaur to a £80 Cubot H3 : https://www.cubot.net/smartphones/h3/spec.html

Dinosaur was the best phone I've ever owned (better than phones costing 4x as much), the H3 is really great too. Battery lasts 4+ days.

Camera is still pretty crap though.

£70 Maze Alpha here, where did you get the H3 for £80 ?????

• 11 months later...

Aside from the MacBook Pro 2012-2016, Mac products are wack. The fact that you have to update your battery through some certified 3rd party service is straight up greed. The way they cock block many companies from fixing their prone to perish iphones is mad lame, too. iPhones are for sheep. "iPhones - If you can't think for yourself"

• Like 1

I've never managed to extricate my wife and mother in law from Apple, though it's probably easier than Android to manage family IT support. Just stuff everything in iCloud and forget about it. Tends to be that wife gets new phone, mother in law gets hand me down. Though they are on iPhone 5 and 6S respectively so obviously we are not upgrading as quickly as Apple would like. Strangely the wife's iPhone started becoming non-responsive on the evening of the keynote. How's that for FUCKING CONSPIRACY.

• Like 1

I apologize for my negative comments, specifically: iPhones are for sheep. "iPhones - If you can't think for yourself" That was pretty rude of me and judgemental, the latter being something I seriously need to work on. In any case, it wasn't directed at anybody here.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at those LG phone. Not a huge Samsung fan but Ill check it out.

I take back what I said about the Note 10 Plus. I'd probably get one of these, in this colour too: -

I'm sure the Note is better in a few ways, but it's £400 more than the OnePlus. This phone is $699 in the US.