SNES Classic Mini

Deft

Bit late now, but an official SNES classic is coming in September. I was keeping an eye on this but somehow am a day late to the party so everywhere seems sold out. 😥

There should be another wave of stock in time for Christmas hopefully. Anyone sees one in stock let me know!

I wasn't terribly impressed by the game selection on the NES mini but this one!? WOW. Great game selection. I'm tempted but since I have a SNES I'll probably just buy the games I don't have on that list.

In the UK, US and Australia, the games pre-installed on the SNES Mini will be as follows:

• Contra III: The Alien Warsâ„¢
  • Donkey Kong Countryâ„¢
  • EarthBoundâ„¢
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZEROâ„¢
  • Kirbyâ„¢ Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Courseâ„¢
  • The Legend of Zeldaâ„¢: A Link to the Pastâ„¢
  • Mega Man® X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Foxâ„¢
  • Star Foxâ„¢ 2
  • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IVâ„¢
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
  • Super Mario Kartâ„¢
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Starsâ„¢
  • Super Mario Worldâ„¢
  • Super Metroidâ„¢
  • Super Punch-Out!!â„¢
  • Yoshi’s Islandâ„¢

The games do look great on it. Almost tried to get one then thought I'd just use emulators, spent yesterday evening trying to get the steam link to work which was torturous, and have bought a raspberry pi 3 just now. I quite like the idea of getting various pads for old games, I'll make do with the PS4 pads for now otherwise I'll end up spending a ton on pads only for the magic to wear off...

To be honest this is a real bargain considering there are two official pads in the box, a decent snes USB pad is £20.

Yeah and Earthbound is probably $100 alone. Secret of Mana is about $60. And you can't even buy Star Fox 2.

EDIT: you can buy a lot of these games on Virtual Console for WiiU but still thats $7-$10 a pop.

What about if you soft mod an ordinary Wii? Can you still get Star Fox 2 and all the other bits?

If you haven't done it already that's a very easy mod that runs well. Recommended.

Sounds good. The only thing standing in the way is my wife who owns the Wii and, after witnessing me brick my laptop with a botched BIOS update, won't let me anywhere near her Wii unless it's to play Mario Galaxy 2!

shit man, buy her a WiiU and mod the old wii. U will run all the wii games and you can transfer the saves. Or just buy another wii for $30.

according to the stock informer website someone was saying Argos called him up as they couldn't fulfil his first order and to say they had one for him, and that they'd be having a new batch soon so it's worth watching out for that. I'm tempted to order from somewhere else too as apparently game often advertise more than they have apparently, or at least they did with the NES classic.

• 2 months later...