new iPhone!

Deft

You get a pair of wired headphones with it, as well as an adapter to connect regular headphones. I'm sure the included headphones will be shite, but at least they're not making you pay $50 for some shitty adapter.

They're also selling these for $160, if you fancy looking like a twat in public: -

http://www.apple.com/airpods/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I really don't understand what Apple are doing. Apparently you can't plug an iPhone 7 into the new Macbooks they just announced without using a dongle.

I can plug my phone straight into a new Macbook with the cable that came with the phone, and I can then plug some headphones into the phone if I want to listen to music that's stored on it. Simples.

USB type C is the future. The new Macbooks have 4 USB type C ports and a headphone socket, which would be fine if they used USB type C for their phones as well.

• 6 months later...

YEARLY BUMP

I've decided that the next iPhone due in September is going to be so awesome I might get one. 10th Anniversary!

I entertain the idea of getting a new phone once in a while, but never do.

My current smartphone history is:

iPhone 3GS in 2009

Google (LG) Nexus 4 in early 2013 I think.

Therefore I must be due a new phone this year. I'm not too bothered about platform, I have an iPod and still use iTunes so iPhone would be easier in some ways. I'm pretty tied into Google for Chrome bookmarks and Contacts but those are reasonably easy to move across if needed I suppose.

Google Pixel phones didnt seem to be amazing. I guess a Samsung whatever is an option. If I'm paying nearly a grand for a phone I should get Apple so everyone can see how successful I am.

What says the DV hive mind?

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

I switched to an iPhone just before Xmas and I fucking hate it. The answer to all of my "how do you do X" questions has always been "you can't - Apple won't let you".

Although I suppose they aren't for leet superusers like myself who want to do advanced things like change the alarm snooze length or copy files.

• Like 1

I'd wait and see what comes out between now and Apple announcing the new iPhone.

The Galaxy S8 is so close to being a 10/10 phone for me, but the placement of the fingerprint reader is enough to put me off it.

I switched to an iPhone just before Xmas and I fucking hate it. The answer to all of my "how do you do X" questions has always been "you can't - Apple won't let you".

Although I suppose they aren't for leet superusers like myself who want to do advanced things like change the alarm snooze length or copy files.

I've got n3xt l3v3l way of controlling snooze time lengths - when your alarm goes off for the second time and you're not yet ready to rise, you simply press the snooze button again! This process can actually then be repeated until you are ready to wake up.

I'm the same as Joe but the other way round - I've always had iphones and I find it hard enough to cope with an OS update, so a full change would break me. I definitely think Apple have gone downhill a bit over the last 2-3 years though.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'd wait and see what comes out between now and Apple announcing the new iPhone.

The Galaxy S8 is so close to being a 10/10 phone for me, but the placement of the fingerprint reader is enough to put me off it.

I was reading a review of the S8 today - seemed like they screwed the pooch with the fingerprint jobbie. And some cuntish virtual assistant.

So we are back to iPhone and maybe a Pixel 2. Whatever it is I want it to cost over a grand.