John Manship-Enemies Of Vinyl

danswift

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

I bet he has Dan with glasses to match :(( :(( :((

Good video will have to check out his others, thanks for sharing Dan but christ John would go off his tits at the state of my scratch wax :((

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

JB and Joe - if only you'd asked, I could've told you "lighter fluid" about two decades ago and saved a lot of sleeves and labels!

I love how Manship calls these videos 'Enemies of Vinyl'... nothing against the guy personally or these excellent tips... but all can think about is what and enemy of fair vinyl pricing he has been over the years. For the rarest stuff he might be on the money for all I know as there's often little to compare it to, but I think he's done as much harm as anybody when it comes over-inflating values of common, dull records and generally hyping things that were neitherrare nor good.

• Like 1

I love how Manship calls these videos 'Enemies of Vinyl'... nothing against the guy personally or these excellent tips... but all can think about is what and enemy of fair vinyl pricing he has been over the years. For the rarest stuff he might be on the money for all I know as there's often little to compare it to, but I think he's done as much harm as anybody when it comes over-inflating values of common, dull records and generally hyping things that were neitherrare nor good.

Yeah I agree with you there ..I think JM is a good example when it comes to over inflated prices where average records are concerned but a good majority of the people who buy these records on Manships weekly auctions are just as much of the problem too.

Lots of these guys are of retirement age, have very deep pockets and are blessed with a disposable income and will think nothing of paying 2 or 3 times the actual value of the music just to have the bragging rights of ownership it seems.

Its a bone of contention to a lot of genuine collectors I know.. Its certainly moaned about on a daily basis by the folks who frequent the Northern Soul forums where the vast majority of these and other records are now way out of their league in terms of the prices being commanded for original vinyl copies irregardless of the actual quality of the music itself on the recordings.