DV JBs Rare Instrumentals CD Battle - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

Who wins  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Diggla
    • Broma/Looms
    • Phonetic
    • Rock Well

Holy shit Broma. I'm just gonna come straight out and say it--this is my favorite. You're fucking in outerspace with this joint man. Holy fuck it's so tight but so weird and then it just goes deeper and deeper. You're doing something really similar to where I'm trying to go with my music but you're on some straight up astronaut shit. The ray gun and dub beep are really cool touches that kinda root it in dub a little but it's still anything but. I absolutely love this. Like one of my all time top DV battle entries.

Phonetic - Dang man. Real boom bap. Can't put my finger on where it makes my mind go... Prince Paul maybe? Naw it's something different... it's really happening. Feel like this should be an MPC live performance piece. Has so much to give and is just oozing with a funky vibe begging to be played live. Real nice!

Rock is hella funky. Very driving beat to it.... Really had me going. Kinda a touch of RJD2 and a hint of Rae & Christian but what it really shined through was this new but old sick vibe like romanowski. Very fresh. It just like vibes. It has a touch of rocksteady feel which I absolutely love.

• Like 4

Guest Symatic

damn...... very high level guys!

Broma got my vote, its a killer man!
Diggla is very close 2nd and Rockwell and Phonetic are my 3 and 4 but its definately a last-but-not-least situation, all these are sick!

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Man everyone killed it but my vote went to Rockwell, good job mate, pizza in the post to you :d

• Like 2

Daaaaamn hard to choose. Standard.! As soon as I heard Diggla's I thought, yep that's gonna get my vote, but Phonetic's and Rock Well's are super funky too.

Diggla - Just love the vibe off this track. It gets me doing a weird double time backwards head nod. Love the percussion sounds, the drums in general. That kick hits even on crappy laptop speakers and all round stoned vibe is great.

Phonetic - This could come straight off a DJ Design breaks record! Love it.

Rock Well - That's a proper groover. I could see it going down a treat on a funk and hip hop night. Major props for doing it with bunged ears mate!

Gotta vote for someone so I'm gonna go with Diggla as it's been in my head since I first heard it, but everyone deserves votes tbh :8

• Like 4

I tried to go against the crowd, but resistance is futile. Broma just did it too damn well!

I'm particularly impressed in that In The Middle is one of my favourite JBs jams I've been rinsing the 45 of for years. So much so, I almost went there myself... now glad I didn't. To hear something I know so well totally flipped on its head is really impressive. Also Broma, all your stuff sounds very modern to me and I mean that in a good way. I'm not vaguely modern myself and a lot of current beats that are piss me off... but you actually sound like they wish they did!

• Like 2

I tried to go against the crowd, but resistance is futile. Broma just did it too damn well!

I'm particularly impressed in that In The Middle is one of my favourite JBs jams I've been rinsing the 45 of for years. So much so, I almost went there myself... now glad I didn't. To hear something I know so well totally flipped on its head is really impressive. Also Broma, all your stuff sounds very modern to me and I mean that in a good way. I'm not vaguely modern myself and a lot of current beats that are piss me off... but you actually sound like they wish they did!

Thanks man!

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

is it time to set up an elaborate red-carpet awards ceremony? and one of those walls with loads of logos on it for people to pose in front of