A break from practicing

Karol

What's up y'all ? Due to my long-awaited visit to the UK I'm going to take one month break from scratching. I know it's not "that long", yet it's rather frustrating. I'm having dark thoughts of losing skills and coming back to the times when I was starting scratching. I know Chile had to hold off for 2 years... Were I to stop scratching for such a long period I would probably never go back to turntables. How long did your breaks last? and how long does it take to get in practice?

Edited by Karol

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

I had a six or seven months hiatus once, but like Jon said after a while everything comes flooding back. Your be fine Karol :8

I quit for six years and started again a few months ago, I'm a much better DJ for it to be honest.

It's hard to believe dude but, congratulations. I have been thinking maybe are there any scratch Jam sessions or scratch events coming to West Midlands shortly. So it might be a good idea to take one day off and go practicing.

Edited by Karol

i quit for 3 years due to having a bad outlook towards djing bc of playing in clubs.. i had also sold my equipment for financial reasons, so the temptation wasn't there. I'm not sure what made me want to come back but, I can say I am back for the same reasons I got into djing in the first place.. which is scratching. i have a lot more focus and confidence with practicing and with what I'm doing and I just all around have a better appreciation for the craft as a whole.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
Guest Symatic

i had 3 weeks off over christmas, cos i was away from home, and came back refreshed and ready for new shit. also i had a few scratch tracks on my headphones which i really paid attention to - youtube gets us obsessed with how things look, but listening to how they sound is important, i know thats been said before many times but this recent occasion really stuck with me

• 1 month later...

Yo, I've just returned from my let's call it "every year break" cuz every year from june to september I'm away from home working and can't practice. Really, last year I was afraid. Yesterday I sat to the TT, today I recalled all the techniques. Symatic, see you soon on the Tinychat.com Gotta kick your ass