anyone use these new denon turntables?

i had to sell mine to pay a debt and am now in the market technics is all ive used, aside from the plx 1000 which just had an annoying torque w no extra features, can you make the denon feel like a technics as far as torque? prob just gonna get an sl 1200 but i like features like wide pitch and reverse

I just did a tour across Canada demo'ing them. They're not bad at all, but they are very expensive for mostly the same stuff as any other modern turntable. They're definitely better than the PLX-1000s, but I'm currently using Reloop RP-8000 Straights which are slightly cheaper than PLX's or Denons, with more features. If you're super set on getting S-arm over straight arm, then go for Denons, but you're paying premium.

I went a little bit into this a few months ago - http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=40089&do=findComment&comment=423107

I believe the Numark NTX1000 is 99% identical (made in the same factory and everything) and costs half as much (£349)

The Reloop RP-7000 is also a good choice at £375.00

Interesting, would like to try the Numarks cuz the Denons actually felt pretty nice.

Any idea why Pioneer has the weird jerky torque thing when you're scratching, whereas other Super OEMs don't?

Also not that the RP-7000 MK2 is a lot better than the 7000 IMO, if only because they changed that awful "start/brake" knob to an independent brake knob now. If they make a straight arm version of it, it might take my crown as the best/most cost effective new turntable.

Guest rasteri

Any idea why Pioneer has the weird jerky torque thing when you're scratching, whereas other Super OEMs don't?

Well all these new tables are controlled digitally, and tuning the PID loop ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller ) is a bit of a fine art. Maybe pioneer decided to roll their own rather than getting Hanpin to do it for them and fucked it up somehow.

If they make a straight arm version of it, it might take my crown as the best/most cost effective new turntable.

Protip : STR8.150 tonearms are available as a spare part, and you can fit them to an RP-7000 (or any other S-arm SuperOEM for that matter). Total cost is less than a RP-8000S or STR8.150.

• 2 weeks later...

thx for the input first things first im gonna get a used sl 1200 to save money and then search for something good to know the reloops arent trash, i think i heard rane is making a turntable if im not mistaken. maybe something new and fresh will be around soon (i hope) i was wishing pioner would venture into the turntable market but wasnt too impressed with the plx 1000