Audio interface suggestions

EDIT:

As mentioned in other threads I'm in the market for a simple interface.What suggestions do y'all have?

I was using a FireWire apogee duet. Seems to not be working with the duel adapter and to my knowledge apogee doesn't support it anymore. Hoping I can get the old setup working but not being terribly tech savvy nor patient it's looking grim. Probably time to move on.

Id get another duet, they seem to be about $300 preowned... Or you could go for the one if you dont need the inputs? Alternatively the rme babyface? If you want cheaper, I like the ni komplete Audio 6. I wouldnt go for a focusrite myself.

Id get another duet, they seem to be about $300 preowned... Or you could go for the one if you dont need the inputs? Alternatively the rme babyface? If you want cheaper, I like the ni komplete Audio 6. I wouldnt go for a focusrite myself.

Dang man the babyface is pricey!

How come you don't like focusrite? Any opinion on PreSonus AudioBox 96 or NI Komplete Audio 6?

If you don't need many inputs I'd recommend the newer duets too.

I thought about it... a little bit like fuck them after paying a lot for my last and then mac killed firewire a few years later. Seemed like it was so expensive for what you got. The wonky monitor software sucked. The new one looks like it's hardly built as well but still super expensive. Mixed feelings.

The rme stuff is kinda pricey, but you could pick up an older model for less - you might still get the FireWire issue though if you go for a fireface 400 or something. Youll never need to upgrade again if you get an rme though. For cheap I do like the NI, good quality box, low latency drivers, direct monitor, nice volume dial.

The universal audio stuff is also pricey but potentially handy for direct monitoring effects?

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

if you're spending as much as a 6i6 - I just got a iconnect audio 4+ for £242, in usa theyre probably about that anyway... 4 inputs, 6 outputs, midi in/out, USB midi connection (can run hub and run lots of USB midi devices together) and most importantly 2 host connections - you can run a iphone and a PC, or a i pad and a mac, or whatever combination, and they bothe see each other, you can rout audio and mid between them in all types of ways, and the specs are silly good.

I'm getting my head round it still but it is very dope so far.

oh and it charges your iOS device whilst you use it too.

https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/audio/iconnectaudio4plus/

• Like 1

^^Looks interesting. I'm always a little hesitant of any non-Apple "iProduct" tho :unsure:

After reading up some more I think jon and Chris are probably right... used Duet.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so if you were choosing between a new Komplete Audio 6 (with all the software etc) and a used Duet which would you choose?