Battlefront II is 50% off

djdiggla

Do you like it or do you get pummeled by people that pay for the star card upgrades? Is it too hard to upgrade by playing the game alone?

EDIT: PS add me on xbone! McBurnface is my handle

I've played it for about 5 hours via the EA Access trial.

If it wasn't for the lootbox situation, I'd probably pick it up on sale. The core multiplayer is solid IMO and I had a decent amount of fun with it, but players definitely have an advantage if they're willing to spend cash, which to me makes it a no buy.

Graphically it looks amazing on the One X. Definitely one of the best looking console games I've ever played. My favourite modes are probably the big 40 player mode as well as the 4 Vs. 4 mode where you play as heroes from Star Wars. A player on each team gets marked and you have to kill the enemy mark before they kill yours.

I did have some issues trying to play with a US friend though. If we both played solo we could get into matches straight away, but when we teamed up it would often put us in a lobby where it would say "18 players needed" (or whatever), but that number would never go down and we'd just be sitting there.

Also, maybe it's something we were doing wrong, but in the first game, when you team up with friends, you get put into a squad. When you spawn, you can spawn on one of the people in your squad and they can spawn on you, but you always stay in the same group of 4. In the sequel, it puts you into a new group every time you respawn, based on who is respawning at the time, which kinda sucks when you want to stick together with a mate or two as most of the time you're in different squads.

• Like 2

If it wasn't for the lootbox situation, I'd probably pick it up on sale. The core multiplayer is solid IMO and I had a decent amount of fun with it, but players definitely have an advantage if they're willing to spend cash, which to me makes it a no buy.

That's what I was afraid of. I have better games to grind. If I wanted to dump money into a game it would be World of Tanks.

But yeah, I've heard its absolutely beautiful. Dunno if it would look as good on my S.

Its the wifes game. We bought it mainly for verses battle & not been online yet. She did say that peeps throwing money at it will have a huge advantage like Steve said.

The graphics though are amazballs! I'm still waiting on Red Dead to come out. Assassins Creed is what is taking the most of our time right now. :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Like 2