Jon1st - Beat Dimensions 10th Anniversary Mix

Jon

I was recently invited by Jay Scarlett to record a 10 Years of Beat Dimensions Anniversary Mix, which was broadcast on his Sounds Supreme show on PULS last night as part of a feature celebrating the two Beat Dimensions compilations, released on Rush Hour Records in 2007 and 2009 respectively, that celebrated tracks by emerging artists, many now household names, from the emerging worldwide beats scene such as Hudson Mohawke, Dimlite, Mike Slott, Dorian Concept, Black Pocket and many others. The show also features some exclusive music by some of the original contributors plus an additional mix by P.U.D.G.E. and a mini history talk about the compilations by Laurent Fintoni (aka DV member Kyper). You can now listen back on Mixcloud below, with my mix playing in the last 20 minutes of the show.

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

man Beat Dimensions is so frickin dope. Jon's so frickin dope. this is so many layers of dope.....

I've got doubles of most of the beat dimensions records.... love that shiz

wicked stuff jon

• Like 1

thanks baes! these comps along with the sound of la comps were some of my early introductions to this style of production too. It's mad how fresh and new some of the tunes still sound, in particular the dimlite track!