A few Tips regarding Traktor Kontrol Z2?

porrtis

sup guys,

so.. i got a few questions. more like general questions, not being too specific i guess.

my issue is this: i always wanted to do a mixtape. it was basically the reason i started DJing at the Age of 15 or 16. however, when i started, i was like "nobody would listen to this, you can't scratch" so i started scratching. like 12 years later i did literally nothing else than scratching. now i finally would love to do this damn mixtape which i promised my younger brother 12 years ago. he's still waiting u know.

anyways. i know how to mix songs into each other with beatmatching and all this basic stuff. i am not too bad on the beatjuggling side either. however, i have like no clue how to do cool things on my Traktor Kontrol Z2.

Now i know that there are endless possibilities with a DVS mixer. I dont need 99% of them. However a few things would be cool, like mixing "instrumentals while the song/accapella is still running" - u know what i mean? hard to describe. i suck at describing things. but i caught a few DJs doing so.

Song A was running, and he mixed a new instrumental below the Song while the Voice was still running but the original instrumental ended.

and i'd love to make a cool intro containing samples of all/most of the songs that will be on my mixtape. what's the best way to do this? should i do this on Audacity or is there a cool way to combine short samples of like 5-6 seconds of each different song into one big intro? i have no idea what i have to look for when i want to google that stuff or check on youtube guides.

when i watch rafik, i cant get behind all the things he does.

anyway, if someone knows a few tricks or can add 1-2 videos on Youtube where i can catch these things i'd be really happy.

thanks guys

Guest rasteri

Most of the stuff you describe is easiest done by making your own custom edits of tracks, you can do it using like 2 virtual decks and the sampler and stuff but I always found that shit goes wrong when you've had a couple of drinks or you reinstall traktor or something.

I use Ableton to do edits mainly, it's the best I've found.

• Like 2