Is Soundcloud playing their swansong?

djdiggla

http://www.factmag.com/2017/07/13/soundcloud-report-50-days-money-left/

They've laid off 40% of their staff and outsiders think they only have enough money to continue normal business operations for 50 days. RIP

EDIT: Some are saying they have 80 days (The SC PR people say they have funding till Q4). Either way they fucked.

The good news is my groundbreaking,totally uncleared, sample based alternative Hip Hop debut album releasead by Ride-Em records is now gonna be available in 2018 at £9.99 from all good Virgin megastores and at a special Digital Vertigo members discount price of £7.99 (for pre-orders) from DJ Rock Wells market stall or via the Petesasqwax website and local information centre.

Anybody here want a cassette tape of it to start spreading the word by any chance ?

• Like 3

Anybody here want a cassette tape of it to start spreading the word by any chance ?

Actually, yes.

To go ahead and hijack my own thread--cassette releases are the big thing now. Usually accompanied with a DL code. I thought about buying a dupe machine a while back but then I remembered I don't make any music worth putting out.

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Is it available in 8 track format dan?

So if Soundcloud does close for good then is there an decent alternatives for us that like to upload beats?

Guest Symatic

Actually, yes.

To go ahead and hijack my own thread--cassette releases are the big thing now. Usually accompanied with a DL code. I thought about buying a dupe machine a while back but then I remembered I don't make any music worth putting out.

Plug plug plug i got a track coming out on Limbo Tapes' first release. New cassette label in bristol. 100 copies only. Looks fucking sick by the way :) plug plug plug

https://www.facebook.com/limbotapes/?hc_ref=ARTo8Jz02F84gXlYwdmyzvbQQ6Eq0r9M_6FgoUjg68Ivm_AmZzfpAJCorGxF8TAW3yE

• Like 1

^^That's a good idea.

I was thinking they should have become a non-profit like Wikipedia. I'd donate. I'm a lot more likely to do that than subscribe.

• Like 1

The good news is my groundbreaking,totally uncleared, sample based alternative Hip Hop debut album releasead by Ride-Em records is now gonna be available in 2018 at £9.99 from all good Virgin megastores and at a special Digital Vertigo members discount price of £7.99 (for pre-orders) from DJ Rock Wells market stall or via the Petesasqwax website and local information centre.

Hey, you think you are taking the piss, but as soon as this cutter is up and working, you are putting out an album bitch, and yeah i am looking for a tape duplicator too, fuck these fly by night digital bitches !!!!!!

• Like 1

So if Soundcloud does close for good then is there an decent alternatives for us that like to upload beats?

Audiomack ?

I'd never even heard of this ,has anyone else ?

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/interviews/2017/07/audiomack-soundcloud-interview-they-turned-their-backs-on-their-core-audience

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Soundcloud isn't going anywhere...................... Yet

Hey everyone,

There’s an insane amount of noise about SoundCloud in the world right now. And it’s just that, noise. The music you love on SoundCloud isn’t going away, the music you shared or uploaded isn’t going away, because SoundCloud is not going away. Not in 50 days, not in 80 days or anytime in the foreseeable future. Your music is safe.

Along with each of you, we’ve built this incredible creative community of artists, podcasters, DJs, producers and more who are the driving force in pushing culture forward in the world. That’s not going to change. Last week we had to make some tough decisions to let go of some of our staff, but we did this to ensure SoundCloud remains a strong, independent company.

Thank you for the outpouring of love and support. Some of you have asked how you can help–spread the word that we’re not going anywhere and keep doing what you’re doing–creating, listening, uploading, sharing, liking, and discovering what’s new, now and next in music. SoundCloud is here to stay.

Peace,

Alex

Apparently Chance the Rapper is somehow involved with stabilizing the company. Not sure to what extent.

I read somewhere that he is throwing a bunch of parties on a private island somewhere for rich cunts, if he gets the funding he is looking for from the parties, he and his ghost investors (Nobody knows who the ghosts are) will then be taking over SC, but there are rumours of serious content control and abuse as part of his planned deal (Him and his "ghosts" will be able to use any posted content as they see fit)

SC is fucked, time to move on haha

• 4 weeks later...