New Year's Beat Battle - Sample the record, win the record!

DJ Rock Well

I'll DL the files and see if I get any inspiration.

If apple ever sound me a Mountain Lion download code so I can install Maschine, I'm game!

You can now download Mavericks from the app store for free by the way so no need for mountain lion

Guest petesasqwax

You can download Mavericks? Time moves crazy fast, dun-ra. It was only last year that Gerard Butler had to become Scotifornian and train for ever (including training some random kid too) just to be able to surf them shits!

(FYI: I know forever is a single word, I needed to space the syllables out for em pha sis - nahmean?)

• 3 weeks later...

As I said in OP, I want everyone hold back posting until a month after the thread started so they can be revealed all at once - I think sometimes when a beat has done the rounds for a couple of weeks it can alter your perspective when compared to something you've only just heard. Also, I liked the idea of people not being influenced but what others have done, or being put off using sample because somebody else has used it.

Guest petesasqwax

Bah, been mental this past fortnight hence my lack of appearance on here. I have all the things I need to rebuild the studio now, all I need (but don't have enough of) is time (which might be an R&B lyric...). That said, I should be all back up and running this weekend so the 10th sounds like I can handle that. It'll be the first thing I do in the new studio space too... exciting, that is

Ok, I've had a look a my calendar and a month from the original post would be a Thursday but I thought giving people that one extra weekend might be a good idea, so the official poll date will be the evening of Monday the 10th of February.

Nope, Monday the 10th for this one mate

I only just got round to listening to this record. I'm not massively inspired. It's one of those records that sounds exactly like the kind of record everyone samples from so you hear little breaks and think "oh that's what RZA would use, that's what Dilla would use, that's what so-and-so would use" rather than enjoying the music.

Anyway I'd been listening while I as doing the washing up and then a track came on and I thought "This is more like it! Nice moody synth part there" but it turned out to be the new Burial EP :p!!

It's probably just the mood I'm in. No complaints.