Traktor Z2 Calibration and Load Indicator Issues

JHouse

What's up Y'all,

As the title states, I'm having now some problems with Z2 calibration, plus the Load indicator keeps red lining when connected. Additionally, the S and Q indicator lights, at the top of the mixer, flash every second. Records play absolutely fine, but not the control vinyl. If you have any ideas why this isn't working properly, please let me know. I would post it on the NI Support section, but consistently hear their support sucks/lags, so thought I'd ask here first.

It's worth noting, this stuff was all working perfectly before, and to my knowledge, I haven't introduced any variables. The only thing I can imagine is when I my roommate removed his keyboard from my DJ setup since it was around this time shit started going awry.

Anyways, I'm using a Toshiba Satellite with 2 GHz and 6 GB of RAM with Traktor Version 2.11.0.23.

Here's what I've done thus far...

Software:

Updated Windows (using Win 8.1)

Updated Windows Defender virus protection

Updated Flash

Made sure Traktor was updated

Hardware:

Replaced needles on both tables, as well as cartridge on one deck.

Made sure grounds were hooked up properly, as well as deck RCA's.

USB cable, from mixer to computer, looks fine.

Here's what it looks like when the Z2 isn't connected:

http://groundedgroup.com/JHouse/Traktor/Not-Connected.jpg

Connected, but in Thru-Mode:

http://groundedgroup.com/JHouse/Traktor/Connected-Thru-Mode.jpg

Failed Calibration:

http://groundedgroup.com/JHouse/Traktor/Calibration-Failed.jpg

Timecode Setup Page:

http://groundedgroup.com/JHouse/Traktor/Timecode-Setup.jpg

Traktor Version:

http://groundedgroup.com/JHouse/Traktor/About.jpg

Thanks rasteri, I did this awhile back 'cause Traktor would glitch when the screensaver kicked in, so I disabled it.

The problem, at least with the red lining issue (which seemingly affects the calibration), occurs when I turn on the mixer, even if I'm in Thru-Mode. I've even tried different wall outlets, attempting to exhaust all variables, but nada. In the process though, I'm learning more about Traktor's in and outs, which I guess is a good thing should shit go sour in the future.

Guest rasteri

Get openhardwaremonitor and make sure your processor is actually running at 2ghz and not being throttled or anything

Also try it on another computer if you can, see if that works

• Like 1

Get openhardwaremonitor and make sure your processor is actually running at 2ghz and not being throttled or anything

Also try it on another computer if you can, see if that works

F' yeah, great program. Thanks. Below is a screenshot of the findings.

Also, I'm using the same needles as before, just new ones. These were working fine too, thus the problem came later.

http://groundedgroup.com/JHouse/Traktor/Hardware-Monitor.jpg

It's worth noting I've tried different Traktor vinyl too, all in very good condition, but still same results. Additionally, I've turned off Wi-Fi.

It appears to be an issue with the computer and/or software since it red lines in Thru-mode, therefore not utilizing signals from the tables. I don't know anybody locally running Traktor, otherwise I would try their computer connected to my Z2, and vice versa. Will ask around though.

Thanks again guys, feel like we're going in the right direction.

Guest rasteri

Ahh you have an A6... that's probably a bit underpowered.

When you had it working before were you running an earlier version of traktor? I found that my old laptop suddenly stopped working with traktor somewhere around version 2.9.

Try setting quality to "ECO" and Mode to "Scratch" in the Transport settings menu.

Also increase your latency in the Audio Setup menu.

Sorry for not responding yet, Andy. I've been trying to focus on work 'cause I got mad behind with all the lovely weather lately. I will look back into this issue come Friday or Saturday.

By the way, no, I was running the same version of Traktor, as well as firmware, when things turned to shit. As I remember though, it progressively worsened with every session (starting to distort, get a little glitchy, etc.). What sucks is shit went south RIGHT when I returned a grip of records, pretty much my entire collection, after going digital. It's cool though 'cause now I can score some new wax.

Andy, I could kiss you (no tongue) 'cause my ish is working solid again. I'm so f'n stoked man, you have no idea. I stayed up late last night, tokin' and cuttin', have a stern good time.

After changing the Quality to ECO and Scratch, as well as increasing the latency like you suggested, it started working properly. Then I started making minute adjustments to the latency in efforts of getting it just right, so now she's running like a champ. The LOAD is still border lining red, but still works well. Actually, great. Would upping my RAM from 6 to 16 Gigs make a solid difference, or is it namely a problem with the processor? If that's the case, can you recommend any computers suitable for scratching and mixing with Traktor, ideally with low latency?

Thanks again man, sincerely appreciated.