Managing notifications on DV

Steve

I'm sure most people know this already, but anyway.....

On DV you can receive 2 types of notifications - notifications that appear on the site itself (check out the icon to the left of your name at the very top-right of the forum) and email notifications. You have full control over which notifications you receive and how you receive them here: -

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

On that page, you can also opt in/out of receiving news and information from DV (the very top option). I would prefer it if you opted in, because that option is only used for DV-related news and info. Your email address will never be passed on to anyone else, nor will it be made public unless you make it public, and I only send out occasional emails about important site news (such as down time) or an occasional DV newsletter. Obviously, it's totally up to you though, but if you've opted out, perhaps opt in for a while and see what you think.

Also, if you are signed up to receive email notifications that you don't really need, please turn them off. DV is limited in the amount of email that can be sent through the site per hour, so if you are signed up to receive loads of email notifications, that's going to eat into our allowance. Of course, it's up to you what email notifications you think you need, but if there's email notifications you currently receive that you could do without, please consider turning them off. Cheers.