Andy's Boring Job

Guest rasteri

After I've taken about 4 screws off a case, I normally think "Ahhh fuck it I don't know what I'm doing" and give up.

I wait until something has fried due to my tinkering. They yell FUCK really loud.

• Like 2

Guest rasteri

I might film myself doing my job - staring at a spreadsheet and graphs for 10 mins.

I reckon all jobs have some aspect that would be interesting to other people, although I suspect in your case your employer wouldn't be too keen on you publishing internal company info, haha.

A dude from aberdeen set up a channel where he documented his life as an offshore drilling engineer, it was really fascinating but he got fired once Chevron got wind of it.

Luckily my job doesn't give a shit. Mostly because I haven't told them.

• Like 3

Actually, thinking about it, my extremely harsh treatment of this under-educated, over-confident couple of DFLs last week would've been worth filming...

It's was the very end of they day and I just wasn't in the mood for their bullshit. It's the gazillionth time some 20-something hipsters have made me test play loads of cheap records in the hope the contain something they've heard on a Jazzman comp or similar. You know, records so rare they've been complied on a 'rarest records of this genre ever' type comp - sure, they'll be some of those sitting in amongst the Missa Luba LPs and New Edition records.

This time round I had to play 80s Hugh Masekela LPs and they were hoping they'd contain rare Afrobeat or Ethiopiques... The fucking born yesterday, self important, priveledged Morons! As usual they were reluctant to tell me what they were looking for because how would I, a mere simpleton from the backwards provinces know anything about what was cool in their world of urban chic? (Never mind that these 20-something fucks have always invariably 'discovered' something that was put out on a mainstream comp 15 years prior). Anyway, I quickly pointed out Mulatu wasn't recording music with Hugh Masekela in Jo'burg in 1985 and they said they didn't like Masekela because "he was obviously trying to copy Paul Simon" and left. Cunts.

• Like 2

I could film myself at work but for the couple of entertainment minutes of finding cool samples and being sarcastic and rude to stupid people, you'd have to endure many hours of me just going on DV, Facebook, Insta, etc. That and listing soundtrack CDs on eBay... Woo! Rock and Roll!!!

By the way, I've been digging these reissue "score" CDs you see popping up these days. They seem to be rarish and if you don't get them when you come out you have to pay up for them.

Yeah, it's a large percentage of what I list on eBay every week. There's been some really good stuff finally released this way although there's too many labels doing this now and they sure like like to pad out the essential releases with filler and re-issues of stuff other ltd ost labels did a few years before.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...