Standalone dvs

ah that version 2 makes more sense, i always thought that it was sort of pointless without a portable screen.

Yeah, there really is no translator for russian, it is english words, but it makes literally no sense at all.

I remember his v1, and how many people tried to understand his documentation, literally nobody ever built one, there was no way whatsoever.

I would love it if somebody could translate it though.

yeah i took a peek at them... and nothing... to be honest i probably would have missed most of it even if it was en english.

Well FPGA are gorgeous in options and difficult. I see piDeck more suitable for non techies as they want to make it "plug'n play".
The documentation of this one seems correct (russian aside) and maybe Rasteri could use some parts to cdx mod (if you check the diagram above it seem quite similar to the research made by him) so the problem will be more related to the code side which is the part I haven't see yet. Anyways some parts are recycable for other projects or could been take as inspiration.
I expect more news on this since it seems a nice update from v1 with the screen addon but I still prefer the raspi route without doubt. ;)

ive just recently started hearing about those fpgas and am interested in them, i just dont know anything about how to use them.... sounds hard, and probably something i have to invest too much time, that i dont have, into.

pideck is sure more plug n play friendly, if you get the right hardware coz getting some soundcards touch drivers to work can also be hell. I personally think a pure hardware solution should be more reliable, its just harder to implement and maybe even not that much better to justify going that route for its complexity, compared to what soc solution can offer right away.

• Like 1

these two also work very well out of the box and have phono preamps:

http://www.americandj.eu/es/audio-genie-ii.html

http://miditech.de/userfiles/site_Downloads_manuals_phonoface/manual-phonoface-english.pdf

they might be hard to get a a hold of though, as at least the miditech in not in production.

but really any usb class compliant soundcard will work as long as it has line in. if it has phono prems built in great if not you can always use either an external one or just the software preamp built in xwax ( responsiveness with this might not be as good)

Edited by ximo roca
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...