SSS 39 - Leeds - 4th March - OMG we're going past Luton and Bristol up north!11!

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

26198683_10214882580927278_2049884898087

By 'eck, and other irritating phrases southern people think northerns say, we're going up north and everything!!! The dudes from the Leeds scratch collective have done us a solid and everything with showcases and all that ish. Now, i do have to admit to having fuck all to do with this and have been party to no arragnements so i'll let the facebook post say it all so as to not look stupid, but super cheers for to the lads up north for sorting this cos we've been aching to get up there long time*.

Facailbook blurb:

Super Scratch Sunday comes to Leeds. Come and join Scratch DJ’s from all over the UK for a day dedicated to all things turntablism. This is an all day event and you are encouraged to have a go yourself with some of the best scratch DJ’s from around the country and hosted by The Leeds Scratch Collective.

Super Scratch Sunday started life in London as a friendly, semi-regular scratch session, mostly attended by members of the Digital Vertigo forum, and held in peoples houses.
As the sessions became more organised and more people started attending, SSS needed bigger locations and so DJ Dubbadutch and Rockwell's studio in Rye became a regular spot because of its awesome soundsystem and tea-making facilities.... As momentum picked up it started to move further afield and headed to Bristol where it featured battles and performances in pubs and shops, making the whole thing more public.
The SSS crew started attending the yearly Community Skratch BBQ and so the session grew even more. Now SSS comes to Leeds linking crews of the South with the North.

There will be showcases from award winning champion DJ’s including

DJ RASP

DJ Rasp is a true party rocker behind a set of decks, he made a name for himself on the battle scene winning 6 British DJ Titles (DMC and IDA champion). You can find Rasp captivating crowds in clubs and events worldwide with a healthy balance of musical selection, showmanship and technical skills.
https://www.facebook.com/deejayrasp/

DJ DUBBADUTCH

A regular to Super Scratch Sunday Dubbadutch comes back to Leeds after the hugely successful Scratchblast tour. He won the 2016 UK IDA championship and last year came runner up in the Portablist Lounge competition.
https://www.facebook.com/DjDubbaDutch/

SYMATIC

Another regular on the Super Scratch Sunday scene and hailing from Bristol Symatic is a founding member of Cut and Paste records famed for creating some of the best scratch vinyl’s on the market.
https://www.facebook.com/Symatic-464473163890840/

EL STATIKO

We're very pleased to add this awesome turntablist to the bill. El Statiko is the 2015 IDA World Runner Up (technical category) and the 2015/16 UK IDA Champion
https://www.facebook.com/ElStats/

Hosted by
THE LEEDS SCRATCH COLLECTIVE

A group of ever growing scratch DJ’s from Leeds who finally got it together to perform at the Legendary Funk’d up last year. So far the collective consists of 5 local scratch DJ’s……. PROLIFIC, VERSATILE, MUSICARL, TYRONE2TUFF and DJM. If your from Leeds and you like to scratch come and join the collective

We will also be joined by The Leeds DJ School and Breakin' Through Leeds who will be performing at 2pm so get there early
https://djschooluk.org.uk/

2pm to 11pm
FREE ENTRY

It'll be nice to see Statiko again cos we rolled with him in Poland when paul was out there for the IDAs, and cool to check all the northern badazzes. I've got personally the idea that all northern scratcher are beasts so we'll see how that stack up, hopefully well!

Come everyone, try and make Pete Sasquax come someone. And Woody. And Chile. And Kirk. And errrr, Peter Parker. And errrrr, Vera Duckworth.

NORTHWARD WE PRANCE!

*like how me love you

• Like 4

Yeeeeeeeeeeah son! Come, it'd be really nice to meet you and it's always nice to have a famous dj man come along such as yo bad self.

Hopefully i won't be scupper by this bladclart snow and will get to travel up.

I know right!?! This is making me steamed as a clam and not happy as a clam. I'll be lucky to get up to you guys in Londons at this rate

OF ALL FUCKING WEEKENDS TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it'd be really nice to meet you and it's always nice to have a famous dj man come along such as yo bad self

If you can make it past my retinue of bodyguards, stylists, hangers-on, sycophants, groupies and PR reps then it will be a absolute pleasure to meet you too Phil.

The snow in Leeds itself is not too bad now - all the roads to the venue are clear and well travelled currently. I've not ventured onto the motorways though. Hope everyone can make it.

• Like 1