How messed up is this Vestax Handytrax?

jeljms

So I just pick up a Vestax Handytrax off ebay. The good news - it was under £20. The bad news - it was sold as spares and repairs. Apparently, the previous owner had left some batteries in and they leaked.

My hopes weren't high but now I've opened it up and surveyed the damage, to my non-technical eyes it looks irretrievably fucked.

Can anyone shine any small glimmer of hope that I wouldn't have to replace every single electrical component inside?

https://imgur.com/gallery/ig5rT

I like the Micky. Looks pretty fucked to me but I'm no expert. Also looks like it was left outside or something. That's a lot of corrosion all over from just batteries.

I like the Micky. Looks pretty fucked to me but I'm no expert. Also looks like it was left outside or something. That's a lot of corrosion all over from just batteries.

Yeah,he's saying 'Hey everybody, d'ya wanna see how fucked this Handytrax is? Well, alright!' (sorry, watched too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with my son).

ooft. fuuuuuucked. basically every metal part looks like it should be replaced...... ouch

Yep, thought so...