What gear are you lusting after?

Dan

For me it's the MPC Live.

I don't know anything about the MPC "workflow" but i just love the fact it's a self contained "go anywhere" box (well for 4-5 hours at least) I'm spending more and more time stuck at a desk at my job (lucky I have two: sit down one in the office and a stand up one in the server room) and I've found I'm just not inspired to sit at my desk at home and use the computer. I have Maschine and Push 2 but even with them there is still a lot of staring at a screen. I also really don't like being stuck at the desk anymore.

The idea of a MPC Live is really appealing and from what few videos of seen it looks really good, it's going to be expensive but I might sell all my other stuff if it's going to fill my needs.

I love my Circuit as that's a battery powered, go anywhere box but it's really only useful for noodling.

So what are you lusting after right now?

Guest petesasqwax

Hehe - I can't lie, I've got a little list ;)

I want an MPC again - either my own 2000XL which might be available from the mate I sold it to lots of years ago - or a 1000 with the XL LCD screen and JJ OS. That'll happen in the next few months I reckon.

I also fancy a 404 or 404sx - even if I only end up using it as a little FX box for the Volca Keys (unless I sell it) or an MPC.

Other than that, I want a Strymon Deco pedal and maybe a Zvex Instant Lofi Junky pedal.

I'd bloody love a quality Marantz (or similar) portable tape recorder at some stage too.

I'll leave it that... for now ;)

• Like 1

I'm seriously lusting after an MPC 2500 (it's my current desktop background), but the sensible side is leaning towards a Maschine. Every time I get enough loot though, I take care of pending responsibilities, however, I'm about to get a large chunk of cash, so might splurge on some salty hookers and blow.

• Like 1

nothing. i'm thankful for what i have and thank god every day for it.

on a serious note though i'm desperate for a new synth but i find it virtually impossible to decide on one nowadays. but since i don't have the money i don't have to think about this anyway :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Guest broke

All I need right now is more memory for my PC and my MacBook. I made the mistake of updating to Sierra and now it's HECKA_SLOW (8GB installed though... wtf). Also, whenever I have TinyChat running on the PC (Firefox) and anything else running, I get a low on memory warning (4GB in stalled)

Vestax faderboard thing

Suzuki Omnichord

Scratchbox

Vestax PMC-06PRO

Numark HDX

Those little Korg Volca things

I had one faderboard back in the day and it's a bit limited but fun memories come to my mind. Why do you want it?

Just kinda curious and also I'm pretty shit at piano so seems like maybe a viable alternative.

• Like 1

Vestax faderboard thing

Suzuki Omnichord

Scratchbox

Vestax PMC-06PRO

Numark HDX

I had one faderboard back in the day and it's a bit limited but fun memories come to my mind. Why do you want it?

Just kinda curious and also I'm pretty shit at piano so seems like maybe a viable alternative.

Do you have an MPC or similar? Faderboard isn't easy than keyboard or pads... it's even harder! Shing02 did invest half life to make it musical xD

A few things:

-another PDX2000, Tascam TT-M1 and Vestax Cdx05 combo;

-a Numark V7;

-a Macbook Pro;

-a Vestax Pad-One

-a slimline mixer (preferably an Ecler Nuo 2.0 with Eternal or Vestax PMC 06 with Pro X Fade)

I recently bought a Pad-one for under 50 (I should post it at the Arkei port too :V) and I had cdx05 with ttm too... even an old mixwell cd dj1 too. I kept with me 2 ttm units (one seems broke but it should be essy to fix since these are very simple) and I have an idea for the working one... if you find the cdx and still need the ttm drop me a pm and let's talk about it. Maybe I can sell you one ttm/pad-one combo sometime in the future... ;)
  • Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Tascam TT-M1 and Vestax Cdx05 combo

aka my first DVS! When I got that TT-M1 I honestly felt like I was living in future times :d

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

Do you have an MPC or similar? Faderboard isn't easy than keyboard or pads... it's even harder! Shing02 did invest half life to make it musical xD

Big up Shing02 - a man whose presence on Living Legends records totally confused me for a while :d

Vestax faderboard thing

Suzuki Omnichord

Scratchbox

Vestax PMC-06PRO

Numark HDX

Just kinda curious and also I'm pretty shit at piano so seems like

A few things:

-another PDX2000, Tascam TT-M1 and Vestax Cdx05 combo;

-a Numark V7;

-a Macbook Pro;

-a Vestax Pad-One

-a slimline mixer (preferably an Ecler Nuo 2.0 with Eternal or Vestax PMC 06 with Pro X Fade)

I recently bought a Pad-one for under 50 (I should post it at the Arkei port too :V) and I had cdx05 with ttm too... even an old mixwell cd dj1 too. I kept with me 2 ttm units (one seems broke but it should be essy to fix since these are very simple) and I have an idea for the working one... if you find the cdx and still need the ttm drop me a pm and let's talk about it. Maybe I can sell you one ttm/pad-one combo sometime in the future... ;)

I've got to say I'm a sucker for all things Vestax. There's a guy in the UK who sells Vestax parts and had a couple of TT-M1s for sale. I picked up one and hooked it up to my PDX along with a CDX05 and it's working great so may take you up on your offer on another one at some point. Got no money though right now unfortunately!

• Like 2

Vestax faderboard thing

Suzuki Omnichord

Scratchbox

Vestax PMC-06PRO

Numark HDX

Yeah I got an MPC. That's what I was worried about--that it would be super hard to use. Why I've not bought one... if I find one cheap enough I would tho. I already have a Theremin... that thing is impossible. Makes my hand hurt just thinking about it.

There a few pedals I'm interested in too...

Electro Harmonix byrst looks interesting. I used to have an EH Voice Box and would like to get one again too.

• Like 2