13 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Psychedelic Schizoprenic
    • Diggla
    • Broma/Looms
    • Rock Well
    • Phonetic

Guest Symatic

psych - killer track, really nice choices on the samples and really cool how it has progressive sections

diggla - i tihnk i just got pregnant off this track it's that sexy

broma - ugh! weird, wonky, chunky drums ducking through everything.... all stuff i like in a track like that.... dope

rockwell - always classy production, you need to release a soundtrack to an animated 60's B-movie. or hook up with a dope mc and do an album.... your tracks always leave the perfect amount of space for a mc to get busy

Phonetic - really nice sample choice, beach vibes.... send your mixtape to a bunch of beach bars and demand free cocktails when you visit them......

my choice.............. Psych! just had the best structure i feel, whilst all the tracks had great production, this one kept swiching and had a stron overall vibe.... broma was close 2nd but it came down to the switchups psych made throughout the track that did it for me.

Well done everyone, treat yourselves to a banana!

• Like 2

Psy - You beat is so classic - Like a Beatnut/Beatminer joint or maybe something DJ Premier would do. I really like the kicks and love the sample flip and change up.

Broma - We liked the same sample! I really liked how you took that but just used it as a base for a really amazingly flowing tune. It feels fully thought out and complete. i really enjoyed this tune. Has a early RJD2 feel to it if I was to compare the sound to someone else.

Rock - ugh!!!!! Man.. this tune is just rife with beautiful subtleties. It reminds me of Rza's beat in Ghost Dog at first but then kicks into some future shit like Rae and Christian would do.

Phonetic - Vibing all the way. This made me want to be floating in a pool with a blunt in one hand and a margarita in the other. Such a relaxing jam.

Great entries everyone! For me it was Rock and Broma. I really loved both of those but Rockwell come through with my vote.

• Like 3

Phonetic - Vibing all the way. This made me want to be floating in a pool with a blunt in one hand and a margarita in the other. Such a relaxing jam.

Haha thanks man, Im down wit that. Except Id trade that margarita for a pint of Stella

Edited by Phonetic
  • Like 1

Haha thanks man, Im down wit that. Except Id trade that margarita for a pint of Stella

At least turn that stella into a michelada!

• Like 1

Some nice beats from everyone here.

My vote goes to Rock Well with Psyches grunt-tastic funky vibes in super close second.

I'm really liking the dynamics in this one Rock and that's a proper dope groove too.

It's also cool to see Phonetic getting involved as it's always good to have new contributors to these battles.

Top work all round as usual dudes and I'm hopefully back in myself for the next one!

• Like 1

Damn, hard to choose. Got it down to Rock and Phonetic, and Phonetic just takes it for that laid-back, summer PUTS vibe. Could totally hear them over the beat. Top work all round fellas!

• Like 1

Some nice beats from everyone here.

My vote goes to Rock Well with Psyches grunt-tastic funky vibes in super close second.

I'm really liking the dynamics in this one Rock and that's a proper dope groove too.

It's also cool to see Phonetic getting involved as it's always good to have new contributors to these battles.

Top work all round as usual dudes and I'm hopefully back in myself for the next one!

We need more from you Dan. Church of the Rocksteady is unbelievably good :wub:

• Like 1

Thanks Broma.

Not wanting to derail the thread and detract from the good work of others but I'm very happy that people are digging that particular track,it was such a fucker to get right and took two discarded versions to finish it properly.

The only thing I'm slightly disappointed by is that nobody has asked yet who 'The Sock People' are hehe.

Apologies,back on topic. :d

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Glad you dig this month beat and thanks for the kind words fellas, it's really appreciated :8 Already looking forward to the next battle :d

I've kind of narrowed it down to 3 I like but still need sometime to get it down to one but everyone did a great job :8

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Weird was feeling and thinking that the other day Rocky was listening to a few of my older tracks compared to my newer stuff, feel like I'm slowly finding my inner musical soul and as always thanks for the feedback mate, it really is appreciated :8

Wow a really good round with everyone beats as dope as fuck, everyone deserves a vote but I couldn't get Phonetic smooth summer vibes out of my mind. So I went with Phonetic for my vote. Congrats mate :8

• Like 2

Psyche - yep, it's interesting going over your old stuff. I tend to have three reactions - firstly how much your ears have developed since making them in terms of mix balance, over compression, etc. Then how much more I could now do with some samples used in old stuff. Finally, that regardless of refinement, a good idea remains a good idea and stands the test of time (equally, a half arsed one that you were really into at the time can age really badly!)

Weird was feeling and thinking that the other day Rocky was listening to a few of my older tracks compared to my newer stuff, feel like I'm slowly finding my inner musical soul and as always thanks for the feedback mate, it really is appreciated :8

Wow a really good round with everyone beats as dope as fuck, everyone deserves a vote but I couldn't get Phonetic smooth summer vibes out of my mind. So I went with Phonetic for my vote. Congrats mate :8

Thanks man, glad you like it!

Damn, hard to choose. Got it down to Rock and Phonetic, and Phonetic just takes it for that laid-back, summer PUTS vibe. Could totally hear them over the beat. Top work all round fellas!

Ah nice one. Thats a dope compliment.

If you happen to know Thes One link him up!! hahaha