And the winner of the Willie Dynamite beat battle is...

DJ Rock Well

Thanks dudes.

I had a lot of fun with the source material for this one and actually ended up making an E.P of four tracks that I linked together & which also used some dialogue samples from the Willie Dynamite film but I then got carried away as usual and it ended up being around 23 minutes long and obviously I couldn't submit that hehe so I had to do a live edit of the third beat I'd made and that's the one I entered.I looped that mental conga/bongo's break from the record for the track which I thought was a wicked bit of the lp to sample and fuck around with.

When I make a track with samples I never normally use anything else like keyboards or whatever to add stuff to a mix but I decided to break my own rules for a change and also overdubbed some bass guitar parts for the track which was cool as I haven't picked up an instrument for such a long time now.

Really pleased that peeps liked the mix and also voted for the track so thanks again fellas !

I might stick the whole E.P. thing up at some point for you all to hear what I did with the soundtrack from this record and the dialogue from the movie.

The DV beat battles have been brilliant this year,everyone who's submitted stuff deserves praise as we've had some terrific entries for these challenges,keep up the good work everyone,there's some real talent at work on this forum which is a pleasure to listen to.

Also,massive shouts to Rock Well for providing us with the great records for these battles and doing a proper stellar job in the process of organizing and running the challenges.

Thanks for the endless inspiration and getting us all up on the chop mate !

• Like 2

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Get a band camp page or something Dan, it's time to start letting a wider audience hear your talents!

This!!!!

• Like 1

Get a band camp page or something Dan, it's time to start letting a wider audience hear your talents!

No doubt. Start releasing stuff man.

• Like 1