Bouncy fader when beat juggling

adz_rolls

Does anyone else struggle with the fader bouncing back when cutting from side to side so it's not fully muting out the sound on one of the decks? Or do I just need to be less shit and more careful? Seems like if my fader was a bit stiffer I wouldn't have this issue, but then that would be shit for scratching!

Edited by adz_rolls

Guest rasteri

Yeah I used to have that problem when I first started juggling but not anymore. I dunno if my technique got better or I just switched to a shitter fader or what.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

yeah its a catch 27 situation.... i like a sliiiight bouncyness for scratching but its too much for juggling.....

one possible solution - man the fugg up and learn to cut on upfaders and rusty crossfaders, this ain't prince!

another possible solution - find the right balance of bounce vs not-too-much-luuuuuuuube

• Like 2

Does anyone else struggle with the fader bouncing back when cutting from side to side so it's not fully muting out the sound on one of the decks? Or do I just need to be less shit and more careful? Seems like if my fader was a bit stiffer I wouldn't have this issue, but then that would be shit for scratching!

It's likely technique, you shouldn't be tossing/bouncing the faders so much as guiding them to the side and letting go. If your faders are insanely tight cut-in and insanely loose, it could be the faders, but it depends how much success you've had juggling on other mixers/faders to know.

• Like 1

Sounds like it could be both a technique and a fader issue. It could be the way you're taking your hand off the fader when you switch sides. You could be knocking it into the middle by accident.

Try juggling on a different mixer and see what happens... and clean your fader... and stop tossing ;)

• Like 1