DJ Bags

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

I just got one of these Eastpack Ultimate bags, seems really good and cost about £60. I bought it cos I couldn't justify spending £150 for a Magma bags which is pretty much all you get if you search online for DJ rucksacks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Schoolbags-Backpacks/Eastpak-Unisex-Ultimate/B001BJ60B2

this one has a decent main space that holds about 40 records i'd guess, and the 2nd compartment can take a 15" laptop with plenty of room for other shite, and you still have a couple of small pockets.

I just got one of these Eastpack Ultimate bags, seems really good and cost about £60. I bought it cos I couldn't justify spending £150 for a Magma bags which is pretty much all you get if you search online for DJ rucksacks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Schoolbags-Backpacks/Eastpak-Unisex-Ultimate/B001BJ60B2

this one has a decent main space that holds about 40 records i'd guess, and the 2nd compartment can take a 15" laptop with plenty of room for other shite, and you still have a couple of small pockets.

Could you fit a mixer in there?

I had a Magma for a few years and used it at least three times a week, generally overfilled.

The plastic bits in the straps gave up within the first two years which was pretty shit but I tied the the straps to together and got about 3 more years out of it until it started fraying in various spots and eventually the zip broke.

I've gone back to my old Crumpler shoulder bag now. It's not as big as my backpack was and all th wait is in one shoulder which does my back no favours. TBH the range I have one off at least from Crumpler is made from way stronger stuff than any DJ specific bag I've ever seen. I might look out for a backpack from them in the future... they make you look like a middle aged, middle class twat and they're expensive new, but mine was secondhand on eBay for about £25 instead of the £100+ it was new and it had been really well looked after by the previous middle aged, middle class twat too.

• Like 3

Guest Symatic

Could you fit a mixer in there?

yeah, i reckon it would take a 62 or an s9 but i havent tried that. I dont like putting mixers in rucksacks really but if you had to it would take a decent sized mixer.

The plastic bits in the straps gave up within the first two years which was pretty shit but I tied the the straps to together and got about 3 more years out of it until it started fraying in various spots and eventually the zip broke.

this one comes with a frikkin 30 year gurantee! it seems to say basically if any fixings like zips etc will get replaced even if they die from just general use.... seems daycent