Xone 02 (or PMC 05 mk3 or DIF 2s)?

jeljms

I'm looking to buy a scratch mixer for not much more than £100 and I've narrowed it down to these three options.

Everything I've read would suggest you can't go wrong with the Allen and Heath but I'm wondering (other than price difference) if the Vestax or DJTech options are worth considering as well.

Or are there any other scratch mixers for around £100 second hand that I'm forgetting?

Guest Symatic

plus you can get a friggin dope custom faceplate for the xone 02 now from NMCP..... PM me for details :)

yeah it will sound the nicest out of all of those, and has loads of useful input options too..... very under rated mixer the xone02

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Its the middle mixer there. you can have any design on there though. they just can't print white but that can be substituted with the metal colour you print on. I gave them all the measurements and a photoshop file with all the Xone02 decals for all the labelling of the different faders and stuff. so you just supply an image and they can print it for you. military grade printing, solid as fook.

• Like 1

Faced with a choice of those three mixers...

Allen & Heath by a country mile!

The others do a job sure, but at a fraction of the A&H quality

Co-signed. Esp if you get the v2 with the ProX in it.

Guest rasteri

Yep Xone:02 is a very high quality (and inexplicably slept-on) mixer. Certainly compared to Vestax (always been slightly ropey) and Djtech (cheap and cheerful).

Yeah, he looked like an ass to me and also I wasn't happy with the dif-1s so those combined I'd go Mixars over DJTech out of spite.

What didn't you like about the DIF1s?

It was that Thud Rumble one--that's the dif1, right? Anyways, there was a lot of features stripped down that I thought I'd be fine with but did really limit the use. i probably woulda been ok with that except for one glaring exception: No master monitoring. Fucking unreal. I have to practice in my headphones most the time and I use master a lot regardless. Turned it into a paperweight. I sold it within a month. I also didn't like the fader. It felt different that the inno in my 909 and not in a good way.

Yeah, he looked like an ass to me and also I wasn't happy with the dif-1s so those combined I'd go Mixars over DJTech out of spite.

What didn't you like about the DIF1s?
It was that Thud Rumble one--that's the dif1, right? Anyways, there was a lot of features stripped down that I thought I'd be fine with but did really limit the use. i probably woulda been ok with that except for one glaring exception: No master monitoring. Fucking unreal. I have to practice in my headphones most the time and I use master a lot regardless. Turned it into a paperweight. I sold it within a month. I also didn't like the fader. It felt different that the inno in my 909 and not in a good way.

Yep, it's basically the same. The DIF2s seems to have rectified all the things that were obviously missing from the DIF1s - master cue switch, curve control and reverse on the line faders and not just the crossfader. Same innofader though. But the Xone 02 has all that and then some so my mind's pretty much made up to get one of them. Just need to find one at the right price!

Yeah the dif2f seems to be what the dif1s should have been but I'll be dammed if I rebuy a mixer after the bad taste in my mouth from the first go around. It shoulda been right the first time.

• 1 month later...