drillmatz

Just got a pair. Seems to be pretty effective. I'm liking it so far... Even copped a 7".

Can't help but wonder if using these is bad for the turntable motor? There was a warning label..

Any thoughts?

From @eyemnemcis (who I believe is the creator)

"The only main rule that I advise people is out with the motor off if you want to be on the safe side. I've cut with it for 6 months straight with on or off at least 30 min to an hour everyday and so far I'm good. Use it to gain strength, speed and hand control daily and you will notice the difference."

Check em out y'all!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

From @eyemnemcis (who I believe is the creator)

"The only main rule that I advise people is out with the motor off if you want to be on the safe side. I've cut with it for 6 months straight with on or off at least 30 min to an hour everyday and so far I'm good. Use it to gain strength, speed and hand control daily and you will notice the difference."

Check em out y'all!

Let's get the record straight...

My Gripmats have been around since early 2000's...

These kid is fronting like he invented them...Just like Slipmats every every brand and artist should

have a version no biggie...It's the fronting that's weak sauce...

You can also Tape or Glue a $1 bin Vinyl to a Scratch Record to give it more weight

for resistance training...

This is why My "Precision Incisions" 7 inch Scratch Record was also released in a 12 inch Format...

Same Scratch Sentences from the 7 Inch Record, In reverse, at 45 rpm (For Speed Training) and at 33 1/3.

It's Resistance Training and Muscle Memory...

These Drillmatz are just the neoprene foam you get at walmart or hardware store for your shelves,

I used different materials and it was one of them...just go a buy a roll for $5 and make 20 of them by cutting them

out yourself...

If you want to support the original Artist Creator and fund future projects like the contactless fader for the portables and

other coo Scratch Artist ish then...support those Artists that put the work in not those that copy other Artist.

I just made a few pieces available, on the website search for Gripmats...

www.Djfocus.com

http://www.djfocus.com/Shop.html#!/Gripmats-v1-0-Scratch-Training-Resistance-Mat-7-Inch-Adapter/p/26731654/category=15822061

Focus...

• Like 2

@Focus -- how do you compare your mix and scratch slipmats? Anything reference to describe them being similar to? (Sewer Slimes, those weird hard Vestax mats, Stokyo Mix Editions, etc). Just got some of the Stokyo mix ones. Wish I had seen your store prior to today.

This giant picture is a nice touch...But it's nothing new...

Anyone that has been around long enough and took their scratch practice serious knows, owns and used the hand strengthening tools that already exist from the get go....

The Gripmaster and Dyna Flex are two of the popular ones..The original Gripmat was the Rubber Mat that came with the Technics 1200's..

If you don't understand or can see the differences between a tool that is for scratching, fast twitch muscles and muscle memory I'm not going to take that time to explain it to you, especially after this giant picture / tacky post with no text :-)..hahah...

What was it you were implying with this?, that it was already created....If so then Guitar Players should use my Gripmats and a turntable instead of the Gripmaster for finger strength and dexterity....:-)

• Like 1

@Focus -- how do you compare your mix and scratch slipmats? Anything reference to describe them being similar to? (Sewer Slimes, those weird hard Vestax mats, Stokyo Mix Editions, etc). Just got some of the Stokyo mix ones. Wish I had seen your store prior to today.

Well my Sliders are a double layer material....Felt underneath and Polyester Fabric on top...I haven't check out all the Stokyo Slipmats out there but the the Table Cloths I saw recently at guitar center are almost identical...

I don't know if the Stokyo Mix Slipmats are 2 layers or just a single felt piece, like the Sicmats but

I think that might be the case...

The Sewer Slimes were the original Butter Rugs and the scratch ones are similar to those, 2 layers

and very thin...

It looks like the Stokyo 7 Inch mats use the same felt I use, which is thin / less then 1mm and rigid...

I've been dragging my feet a bit since all my Scratch Goods are Hand Crafted out of my House / Zendo

so I don't push them as much and most def don't give out too many freebies..It's all labor intensive.

Because I don't promote as much these douschy kids with no moral compass hijack my designs and

start trending :-) hahaha....

It is why I stopped posting and contributing for free some of the coo ish I have, I'll be stepping it up soon...

• Like 1

Yo! First of all respect and greetings to everyone here in DV. Im not here to start up anything against anyone but it seems like DJFOCUS is continuing to talk a lot of crap. Like what i told him on FB i came out with DrillMatz with my own mind without knowing what he have. Im in my 40's now and have been in the game since 92, i am not new to this art. I dealt with you professionally and have been keeping it quiet online to give respect due to a good homie that highly supports your stuff. Im gonna tell you straight up a like G if you got something to say you can message me EYEMNEMCIS. We can either squash this and act professionally or take this anyway you want. This is me F"N NEMCIS...

Edited by eyemnemcis
  • Like 1

I'm lost here

Who invented what ?

And wasn't it online when it was invented, so anybody can see who invented it ?

And if somebody else invents something but doesn't care if you do your own version, customary to say "Invented by" or "From and idea by" or some shit ?

I haven't seen this much agro over a bit of rubber since Kathy o Catholic took her new born back to the Durex factory for a refund !!!

• Like 3

I'm lost here

Who invented what ?

And wasn't it online when it was invented, so anybody can see who invented it ?

And if somebody else invents something but doesn't care if you do your own version, customary to say "Invented by" or "From and idea by" or some shit ?

I haven't seen this much agro over a bit of rubber since Kathy o Catholic took her new born back to the Durex factory for a refund !!!

Made these back in 2004 ish, been around since 1986...Just another one of my gadgets...

It's 100% customary to give props/credit I do it all the time and correct myself when I'm wrong..

If I was an MC and Someone bit a verse or whole song, Artists would say something...

If I was Painter and someone bit copied my painting then I would say something...

I've had my Gripmats on my site for a few years now...www.djfocus.com when I started re-making them a few years back I posted on my FB Page...

My FB posts are older then some of these new jacks biting haha ish...

The internet has made it ok to grab and go....

I didn't invent the Slipmat or the wheel and can't stop anyone

from making them any Gripmats or other training tools...As a matter of fact I promote and work on inspiring

ideas and constantly help scratch nerds out...I said it before and I'll say it again...

Like the Slipmats every Company or Artists should make a variation or put their own twist to it...

The Scratch Arts are at the level where different training tools and accessorizes are needed now just

like in the Guitar/Drum/Piano Scene....

It's just a piece of Anti-Slip Material, nothing special...but it is an extension of the "Precision Incisions" 7 Inch records that I released in 1999...I pressed the 12 inch versions...to give increased resistance...

It's part of a bigger picture but overall lots of time,energy and money went into everything I did back in the days...

This Scratch Nerd ish was young so I barely broke even with the 7 Inch Records, Thudrumble didn't want to distribute and neither did most of the other distributors....

All my designs are interconnected, now that everything is more evolved and people are actually paying for training tools and the Arts are appreciated on a different level, I get to finally receive a return but it won't happen as easy if all my designs get picked apart with no acknowledgement...Make sense?...

Yo! First of all respect and greetings to everyone here in DV. Im not here to start up anything against anyone but it seems like DJFOCUS is continuing to talk a lot of crap. Like what i told him on FB i came out with DrillMatz with my own mind without knowing what he have. Im in my 40's now and have been in the game since 92, i am not new to this art. I dealt with you professionally and have been keeping it quiet online to give respect due to a good homie that highly supports your stuff. Im gonna tell you straight up a like G if you got something to say you can message me EYEMNEMCIS. We can either squash this and act professionally or take this anyway you want. This is me F"N NEMCIS...

What the F*ck...:-) Yeah, okay I'll get right on that F"N NEMCIS....

I'm in my 40's and been in it since 1986, you're not familiar with my work?...

You must be confusing me for some internet Troll, if you're good with Charles then he already schooled

you on the fact that I posted some of the re-makes a few years back... Made this in 2004, part of the

"Precision Incisions" System, all designs interconnect..etc..etc...

I'm vocal when people take or copy my work and try to take

credit...Period...

No threats or insults are going to change that...I don't copyright or patent ish

so as to keep the Arts flow going, now that would be some real beef if I did decide too...

Everyone should make their own variations just like the Sipmats, said it before and saying it againnn, same goes for any

other designs...

Now just like any other Business,Brand or Artist, a body of work gets established and reputation built from that...

You want to establish yourself?

Go in the lab and come up with some real ish that know-one has done before...

It's 2016, brainstorm some ish that people in 2026 will want to copy...If not then give credit were credit is

due and build from that...not complicated...

I'm not loosing sleep over this, I comment on when these kind

of posts pop up about the inventor..when scratch nerds send me a link to the real inventor..shhh Get funk out

here with that...

If you are genuinely saying that you weren't familiar with my Gripmats then coo, I'll take it at face value but

how about you correct these kids that are uniformed, that would be some real professional ish...

Not only are these kids getting it wrong, they are off by over 12 years, being conservative so as to not

give details on some of my other ishness...

This kind of weak sauce is why I haven't released the Portable Controller One mod to go with the Super Ultra Pitch..

Why the how to make you're own Contactless Fader for the Portables Hasn't been released yet On and On lots

of coo ish but taking a new approach.....

Yo Focus i don't really know Charles very well and even though i met him we have never discuss anything about you. I am actually talking about another skratch homie that talks about your fader that i have never had an interest in. Now about you inventing things i have already given you credit for that on the other post. The thing is you keep coming out with negative remarks about me and DrillMatz about what material was used. Your making a lot of assumptions and totally have no idea where its exactly made or what specific material used to make it. About the invention part well i will never admit that i invented anything although i can say its an experiment of mines solely by me that i wanted to share to people. Its just like you creating your version of the fader which i know for the fact that you didn't invent the fader. Anyway, we can go on all day and bitch about this but its not gonna get us no where. Once again respect to your work and like what i told you i am not a hard person to talk to.

Edited by eyemnemcis
  • Like 4

Yeah man - you fellas should squash it ,Im sure theres plenty of room for both ideas to co-exist beside each other and i would reckon that both of your products will be welcomed and appreciated by the community at large

Id like to say best of luck to both Focus & eyemnemcis for the future :8

#Nobeefmats

• Like 1

Yo! DjDiglla Post a file B*****!!! Its all G haha...My whole perspective with the art has changed over the years and just wanna work on all skratch music now instead of having a competitive mentality. Id rather just session with everyone now. By the way my not so interesting skratch files life is on IG haha…Im always welcome to meet anyone...

Yo! Danswift Respect word up.

• Like 3

@ eyemnemcis

Thanks man and respect to yourself ..

im not much of a scratch DJ myself (though i love it ) im more into making breaks and my own tracks and collecting old funk and soul and stuff and Ive been into Hip Hop since the late 1970s (yeah im old lol)

My younger bro was a scratch DJ you maybe have heard of, his name was Deeswift and he was one of the people who helped to start this forum back in 2004

Welcome to the boards dude :d

@DanSwift Glad to meet you fam. I think i heard of DeeSwift way back online from one of those Youtube videos. He is dope yo! Its coo we have the same interest in music aside from just skratching. I was always kutting ever since 92 but also played b-boy music in 97 but mainly more in the dj battle scene in Hawaii. When i moved to LA i noticed there were lot of kutterz so i started chillen with them more. I am originally from Hawaii by the way. OneLoveYo...

What funk?...

It's not that critical, this took on a life of its own haha...

This issue doesn't even register on my meter got bigger things going on in life,I'm on

a trajectory and none of these is in my vision of future...

This just kept coming back to me...I roll through these Digital Vertigo Oasis once in awhile

and blam, there it was again haha...Digital Vertigo one of the few surviving forums that I respect

and blam there it is again...

Eitherway Let's keep it flowing, everyone has their

own perspective, passion towards projects is coo...brings out some good work that arts benefit from...

Trying to Punk me not coo, that's another beast by itself and we can move on from that...

Yo Focus i don't really know Charles very well and even though i met him we have never discuss anything about you. I am actually talking about another skratch homie that talks about your fader that i have never had an interest in. Now about you inventing things i have already given you credit for that on the other post. The thing is you keep coming out with negative remarks about me and DrillMatz about what material was used. Your making a lot of assumptions and totally have no idea where its exactly made or what specific material used to make it. About the invention part well i will never admit that i invented anything although i can say its an experiment of mines solely by me that i wanted to share to people. Its just like you creating your version of the fader which i know for the fact that you didn't invent the fader. Anyway, we can go on all day and bitch about this but its not gonna get us no where. Once again respect to your work and like what i told you i am not a hard person to talk to.

All fresh, I didn't see the props and it's over blown online...It's not the material which makes the difference it's the concept / mechanics...Anti-Slip Material...for Conditioning...Muscle Memory...etc..blah...

I keep saying and will say it again...Just like the Slipmats everyone should make their own version..

This subject just keeps following me around but it doesn't really register on my meter...

The issue is that the Arts are finally at a level where these different training tools can be appreciated and the work that I put it needs to be acknowledged so that I can finally recoup all the hard work money invested that went in creating these things that were to soon for the Arts....

Also big mentions to ZV@Sqratchattack a big supporter of all the Focus Training Tools, he put in his

work, it's sad that he didn't get to see this Scratch Nerd ish flourish....Rip...

The money for the press I use to cut, my Slipmats and Gripmats hasn't been recouped yet...The cost for the machine that I use to cut Vinyl Down to any custom size hasn't been recouped...

We are talking from the late 90's and on till now....Who the funk wanted Records cut down to size back in the early 2000's? haha Not many....

Too many muthafunkin stories to tell and really, I'm responding to you cuase you're doing your thing and know it's not from a bad place...otherwise I was fresh out fvcks along time agoooo... Back involved in the Arts because I have some unfinished business, and things are moving....

As for the Fader all coo you're not interested,I didn't invent the fader, you 100% correct...

To deny me any kind of props on the Contact Free Fader though, gives us a view of some of your colors...

If you have more insight or information, let's hear it...

The Focus Fader created a new paradigm by

making it Con-tactless and Low Resistance... Rane,Ecler,Vestax,Innofader,Pioneer, Pro X is back in the game...etc..etc...They came after the fact...

When was the last time you heard static from your fader? Bleeding? How about Super Sharp Cuts? Low resistance and Sharp Cuts allowed for new techniques and crunchier cuts...

You are benefiting from my work, the work I put in back in the 1990s...If you scratch on any mixer with a Contactless Fader then you are most definitely interested...

If you are cutting with a Portable Turntable and waiting on a Solid Contactless Fader, you are interested...

If you have a Dope Fader Design to contribute then Fresh, the more the better, it will help to keep things growing...

I also didn't get rich of the Focus Fader or any of the other Stanton Designs...Didn't handle the business correctly, was naive and over altruistic, doing it for the Culture, now back to posting on forums haha...Not the same though, much, much, much, different....

Your real test will be when you release...Product Number 2....Will it be some Newness that nobody has done before or will it be a copy of something existing?...That's your personal journey, if you want to push yourself or not is not my concern...

My concern is what I contribute and what I bring to the table, if the reward is not financial then at least it's acknowledgement from my Scratch Nerd Peers but even without it I'm still on the same mission...I learned from this experience...

This is a dead topic, time to move on....

Theodore said it best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBieKTwkIDg