D-Styles - Psygomate? (new mix CD)

Steve

I got my copy of this from Japan today, so I thought I'd let you know what it's like.

Psygomate.jpg

Musically, I much prefer it to Sukebe, which I didn't like at all to be honest as it's basically a dubstep mix which ain't my thing - great scratching though. Psygomate? is a mix of 45 tracks featuring instrumental hip-hop, old breaks (only 1 or 2 tracks though), and electronic downtempo funky stuff - I'm shit with genre names when it comes to modern music - I'm sure this style of music probably has a specific name. :d

Technically, it's very well mixed, but there's not a great deal of scratching in it. Before I started listening to it I thought that I would post up a couple of the best scratch solos, but there's only really 1: -

35 - Track 35.mp3

If you're expecting this to be packed full of cuts, you'll be disappointed, as there's just the odd bit of scratching here and there.

The CD is exclusive to Japan, but if you want a copy, email Stokyo (a Japanese music store) and link them to the product page on their website and they should be able to hook you up: -

http://www.stokyo.jp/?pid=43123782

Shipping is kinda pricey though - it costs as much as the CD itself, but it's tracked priority mail and my order arrived in 2 days along with a free magazine and a bunch of stickers.

And no - I'm not sharing this on here, so please don't PM me and ask! I don't mind posting shit if it's already out there on the web, but this isn't and I don't want to be the reason that it is.

• Like 4

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...