What was the last record/CD/tape/8-track you bought?

Jon

Jan Gabarek - Selected Recordings from the Rarum Series of releases on the E.C.M. label which is renowned for its high quality audio sound so their lps are always pretty expensive because of the costs involved in the production process. ( I think I paid £18 for the Eberhard Weber retrospective lp they put out and that was at least ten years ago now I come to think of it )

It cost me 50p in the local charity shop and it had no cover but I dont mind about that to much and I also picked up 'Black Satin ' by the Jazz pianist George Shearing on vinyl and also in mono for £1 but ive given that one away to Alecs to sample from.

I also for some totally unknown reason bought Live From Sugar Mountain on cd by Neil Young again for 50 pence...why I dont know ,I fucking hate Neil Young and his fake hippy bullshit music and I also think Neil Young looks like he should work in a fruit and veg shop and that seriously bugs me about him for some odd reason...

I can almost picture the scene.

"hey look the potato delivery man is here..holy shit its Neil Young !..." Yo Neil if I chuck you £15,could you mow the lawn for me too please bud while your here" ?

Neil Young always dresses like he's off to mow somebody's lawn anyway..

Oh well im sure one of my mates will appreciate it when I give it to them as a birthday present lol.

• 1 year later...

Got this which arrived yesterday morning, it's Sir Coxsone Outernational Sound System Presents 'Shock Of The Century' featuring Nitty Gritty,Eek-A-Mouse,Frankie Paul,SuperCat, Nicodemus and others.

It's a good double cd if you're into Jamaican Sound System stuff..definitely one I'd recommend.

I also got these 'sampling' hamsters from Japan that repeat what they hear..

I've been making them swear at the dog and driving it insane.

I might have to hook em' up to the SP-404 at some point and use them on a Jungle track hehe.

G5IJj4Z.jpg

whats the sampling time on the hamsters?

It's pretty long as it happens..not sure how long exactly though yet.

I also picked up the Now Again box set "Loving On The Flipside - Sweet Funk & Beat-Heavy Ballads 1969-1977". I've had the mp3s for years but never seen the vinyl until now. Definitely worth getting...

Ooh !

That looks like my kind of thing for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...