What was the last record/CD/tape/8-track you bought?

Jon

I'd pissed off the guy in the shop. Did you listen to it? I had a massive stack and I needed to buy summat so I took all the 12's piced below £3. Bad move.

You're a customer, don't buy out of guilt. What other absolute kippers did you buy?

• Like 1

I got Fresh is the word by Mantronix and bang the bells b/w the bass machine by t la rock which is nice

I also got a Jonzun Crew tune, can't remember the name, it's class.

Then some shite R+B thing from about '87 and this crap EP by CX Kidtronik which I bought on the strength of the cover - a load of women's arses.

3/6 aint bad but it works out at £5 each for the good ones then :(

Mantronix and Jonzun Crew are boot sale records really, i'd be gutted at paying a fiver for them! You need to get down the big boot sale with M. Nice!

i'll see if i've got any electro stuff that might be your cup of tea...

• Like 1

i do work for all city records jon. which stuff you been pickin up...?

the labels goin really well, just got the Onra cds back from the manufacturers today.so it'll be out next week. we're sold out of all our vinyl copies..

I got Fresh is the word by Mantronix and bang the bells b/w the bass machine by t la rock which is nice

I also got a Jonzun Crew tune, can't remember the name, it's class.

Then some shite R+B thing from about '87 and this crap EP by CX Kidtronik which I bought on the strength of the cover - a load of women's arses.

3/6 aint bad but it works out at £5 each for the good ones then :(

yeah that cx kidtronik is shit. but there was a release he put out a few years ago with more arses on it that was fuckin brilliant...

i do work for all city records jon. which stuff you been pickin up...?

Wicked, I really like the stuff you guys have put out, some serious heat! I've bought the following on wax/cd: the Onra album , the Take/Matthew David split release, the dibiase/p.u.d.g.e. split, om unit's stuff you've released, the hudmo 7", Mike Slott-Flunky, and The Heralds of Change albums. I think I've bought a few other individual tracks as downloads too.

I run a night in Leicester and sometimes Surrey called 'DROP' which is basically a beats night with an emphasis on live stuff or scratching, playing everything from 90s ninja tune era instrumental stuff to current beat stuff (flylo, bullion, stuff on all city etc, got Debruit playing later in the year and trying to arrange a night for Fulgeance) to garage/uk funky (mainly Night Slugs stuff, got Mosca playing later this year) to some more minimal dnb (mainly shogun audio stuff). Some more percussive dubstep too. Emphasis on the dancefloor but having mellow bits as well. Been running it for about 2 and a half years now, started off mainly hiphop and triphoppy but the sound evolves with my tastes really! So far we've had Om Unit, Buddy Peace, Mr Cooper, Glen Porter, Blak Randy and G.O.D. (well almost, due to me not being able to keep track of time running the thing on my own!), Egadz and DJ Pain from Solidsteel down to play sets/do live stuff as well as local DJs into similar stuff.

where can i pick up all city releases stateside?

fat beats usually get em...

traffic are distributing the Onra album so it should be in a good few places..

although i think we're nearly cheaper including postage, if you order a few records at a time...(since the euro aint as strong at the minute..)

Jon, if you're collecting the entire 10" series i can try and keep em aside for ya and maybe do a deal on em...

that dibiase pudge is already sold out, and i think the Ras G(no 3) is almost gone...

we might release a bonus 10(with a very special guest doin it...not sure yet tho...) with a collectors box to fit the 10(or 11) records...

very happy to hear that you guys like the stuff...

we actually have a very limited number of onra tshirts, they're only available in japan, its this one...

were selling for 20Euro (only 15 to shop regulars and yourselves obviously..) +postage.

tell me if i'm being a pushy salesman.. and i'll stop all this..

cheers

although i think we're nearly cheaper including postage, if you order a few records at a time...(since the euro aint as strong at the minute..)

Jon, if you're collecting the entire 10" series i can try and keep em aside for ya and maybe do a deal on em...

that dibiase pudge is already sold out, and i think the Ras G(no 3) is almost gone...

we might release a bonus 10(with a very special guest doin it...not sure yet tho...) with a collectors box to fit the 10(or 11) records...

we actually have a very limited number of onra tshirts, they're only available in japan, its this one...

were selling for 20Euro (only 15 to shop regulars and yourselves obviously..) +postage.

cheers

Nice one! Would def like to get a few of the 10" series :)

cheers

Easy Sav. Been playing the Long Distance ep out since it dropped. That Rock On beat is a total monster. WIll cop the album.

You boot sale bandits - I'm gonna have to get on this. Do you guys take a handytrax or anything like that with you or is it just rummage and see?

nah, i'd quite like one for charity shop digging though. I just get things i know are decent, or i'll take a punt on a £1 album, or maybe a 50p 7". Any knowledge i have(which isn't a great deal)has come from trial and error - i've bought a lot of crap over the years. Still buy some crap, just a lot less than i used to.

• Like 1

You boot sale bandits - I'm gonna have to get on this. Do you guys take a handytrax or anything like that with you or is it just rummage and see?

nah, i'd quite like one for charity shop digging though. I just get things i know are decent, or i'll take a punt on a £1 album, or maybe a 50p 7". Any knowledge i have(which isn't a great deal)has come from trial and error - i've bought a lot of crap over the years. Still buy some crap, just a lot less than i used to.

same for me, really. except I actually have numark pt. Ive never gotten round to using it while digging though

TBH I'd be a bit self conscious wapping a mini TT out...I guess you could use headphones but if it's a small shop with grumpy staff like REVIVAL RECORDS, 30 Berwick St., Soho, London they might get arsey. Their fucking loss.