DV speed survey - please vote

Steve

19 members have voted

1. 1. On average, over the last few days, how responsive has DV been?

• DV is much slower than most sites I visit
    • DV is a bit slower than most sites I visit
    • DV is about average in terms of site speed
    • DV is a bit faster than most sites I visit
    • DV is way faster than most sites I visit

Please try and answer this based on the average site speed over the past few days.

Obviously, don't vote that it was much slower and say "because it was down for a while", lol. I need accurate results based on when the site was online for you to use.

The last few days, this site was borderline unusable for me, hence this thread, but today it's fine - just like any other site. Typical. I'm trying to track down the root cause though, because I suspect it might be Virgin Media as there have been times in the past where I've said that this site is shit slow, but others have said it's perfectly fine.

Sorry to be a grouchy git, but I've been tinkering with this site a lot recently trying to get it running at its best and it really helps when people provide feedback.

Yesterday, I used a clean up tool to remove a load of stuff from the main database - stuff that was leftover from years of installing different apps, add-ons and versions of the forum software. After running it, the site instantly got faster for me and has stayed that way so it doesn't look like it was a coincidence.