Rane 72

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

Is this real? Toltech was the one holding the new fader stem as though he has a good relationship with Rane...

NHLUnMJ.png

#22 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

The controller turntables could possibky have USB inputs like the pioneer xdjs?
  • Dubba Dutchdj likes this

#23 Dubba Dutchdj

Dubba Dutchdj

Daves cuttin stare

• Elite Member
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

Must be the case for Jason T to of posted that, dayum!

@JamB - Bigups sir!

ETSG 3 is dope, It made the watch words for last nights cuts in Rye - "Fuck attack"

#24 djdiggla

djdiggla
  • Elite Member
  • 18,706 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

That would be pretty rad

Have you considered getting an RME? 

#25 Flexinoodle

Flexinoodle
  • Elite Member
  • 710 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

To be fair, the price this thing will cost, i would rather buy a car

• djdiggla and danswift like this

That's me in the corner ? I said RME not REM dickhead !!

#26 jeljms

jeljms
  • Elite Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

Is this real? Toltech was the one holding the new fader stem as though he has a good relationship with Rane...

NHLUnMJ.png

I'm working on the basis that it's all bollocks until there's a press release from Rane.
  • Jon and Dubba Dutchdj like this

#27 savwar

savwar

Animal lover

• Elite Member
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:30 PM

73 already out... :)

k7gt7t7.jpg

• It'sPhilFromThursdays and Jam Burglar like this
pant.

#28 Jam Burglar

Jam Burglar
  • Elite Member
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

Oh snap!

#29 JHouse

JHouse

DV Tattletale

• Elite Member
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:55 AM

I'm not getting caught up in consumerism. Fuck it, I'm seriously happy with my Z2 ever since getting proper power. I just want to consume vinyl now. So yeah, sign me up for consumerism.

• danswift likes this

#30 Gizmo

Gizmo
  • Elite Member
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

Serato DJ has to run on something, and it's not the Seventy Two.

NHLUnMJ.png

I'm working on the basis that it's all bollocks until there's a press release from Rane.

• Jon and DJ Rock Well like this

#31 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

So does that mean there's a n3x¥ L3v3l spinning platter media player coming or that we're all morons? ;)
  • djdiggla likes this

#32 djdiggla

djdiggla
  • Elite Member
  • 18,706 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

As long as it's N3><7 13V31 and is painted neon yellow with Thud beetles they can have all my monies. 

Have you considered getting an RME? 

#33 iexist

iexist

Air Jordan

• Elite Member
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

I want this, but, theres no need for me. I'm glad Rane is sticking to its roots tho.

"here you are kids. here's a set of turntables, but dON'T YOU DARE COPY MY STYLE BITCH!" - Symatic

#34 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

https://djworx.com/d...enty-two-mixer/

The screen is a cool addition - it's not something that'd make me switch from a S9 but can def see it being a 1-up over it if you were entering the market for a new gen mixer

#35 Mutis Mayfield

Mutis Mayfield
  • Elite Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

I expect true standalone mixer and digital turntable from Pioneer. It seems thud rumble as mixer and for the turntable I expect something like tour series or like numark dashboard to add between your S9 and PLX...

#36 Flexinoodle

Flexinoodle
  • Elite Member
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:52 PM

I expect people who think a standalone DVS is something a company would invest R/D in is mad, but then it is the sort of thing i would release, so what the fuck do i know !

• Mutis Mayfield likes this

#37 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

I expect true standalone mixer and digital turntable from Pioneer. It seems thud rumble as mixer and for the turntable I expect something like tour series or like numark dashboard to add between your S9 and PLX...

I expect people who think a standalone DVS is something a company would invest R/D in is mad, but then it is the sort of thing i would release, so what the fuck do i know !

I've never really understood the desire to have a standalone mixer with a computer inside it - surely updating it with tracks would be a massive ballache, even if it was a removable tablet style device? same with transporting it to shows - only you could use it...

UNLESS it was a club install where you could just plug in an external hard drive to load in your playlists etc so multiple DJs could just rock up with a usb and be ready to go, which is pretty much how modern Pioneer DJ CDJs/XDJs function, albeit with a different software interface and the screens are on the media players rather than the mixer. I could see that being really popular :) Is that what you guys would like to see?

#38 Flexinoodle

Flexinoodle
  • Elite Member
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Me ?

Not in the slightest, DVS built in to Mixers is bullshit as far as i am concerned, a 12" player that feels like vinyl with a screen and USB sticks, I'm good to go

• Jon, djdiggla and Mutis Mayfield like this

#39 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:34 PM

Me ?

Not in the slightest, DVS built in to Mixers is bullshit as far as i am concerned, a 12" player that feels like vinyl with a screen and USB sticks, I'm good to go

word that's kind of what I want too :)

#40 Jam Burglar

Jam Burglar
  • Elite Member
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

I've never really understood the desire to have a standalone mixer with a computer inside it - surely updating it with tracks would be a massive ballache, even if it was a removable tablet style device? same with transporting it to shows - only you could use it...

UNLESS it was a club install where you could just plug in an external hard drive to load in your playlists etc so multiple DJs could just rock up with a usb and be ready to go, which is pretty much how modern Pioneer DJ CDJs/XDJs function, albeit with a different software interface and the screens are on the media players rather than the mixer. I could see that being really popular :) Is that what you guys would like to see?

I look at this way.  If an MPC2000/SP 1200, etc. required a computer to work, nobody would be using them anymore because they'd be reliant on an antiquated computer's operating system, etc to run their samplers.  For the most part the samplers are still working fine, but if reliant on a computer, most of the computers from that age are toast.  Also, at some point the software stops getting supported and your new computer won't run the old stuff.  So, you end up having to ditch a perfectly good piece of hardware because nobody could be bothered to support it on the computer side anymore.

The laptop component also causes a lot problems because it throws a variable into the system.  Go on the Serato forums and see how many people complain about shit not working because they updated something or another.  Its super-hard to figure out what the problem is because it could pretty much be anything with the laptop.  The nice thing about stand-alone, dedicated hardware is that it tends to work correctly out of the box and as long as you have the gear (and it doesn't break), you're going to be able to use it.

My perspective on this is kind of skewed because I like vintage gear and I tend to like working with hardware over software.

• danswift likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users