I just bought...

I'm such a tat magnet :$

K5U4sxB.jpg

It was cheap and clean, plus I always fancied a go on one.

Jealous! always wanted to try one. should have bought it back in the day.

A great find at the car boot sale this morning where I just bought a brand new,still in the original box.

George Foreman mean lean grilling machine for £3.00 !

Oops sorry,wrong forum ..I thought I'd signed in to Mumsnet.

• Like 1

CME XKey 37 and a CME Xkey Air 25 (Yes CME not RME, oh how we chuckled)

Both sold as spares, the 37s Microusb port was fucked, took it apart and you could push it back on to the board and it would register as a device on the Macbook.

Should be an easy fix if i can solder SMD without melting the house.

Still waiting on the 25.

• 1 month later...
Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

I snagged myself a pre Christmas eve bargain, I got myself another Vestax QFO in near mint condition with a cheeky £560 bid

nH7wVzK.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Another? Damn.

Was lucky enough to cop a LE DX version when Hard To Find Find Records where selling them all cheap at £399 new

No way, I had that in my watch list! Couldn't believe it went so cheap. The last one of them on there sold for like £1200 or something

To be honest Phonetic I wasn't going to bid on it, just had it on my watch list for purely for curiosity to see what it would go for. But as the days passed it sat on £500 with no bids, it wasn't till the last 24 hours that someone finally put a bid in which is when I thought it might heat up in a bidding war. I was at work at the time of auction and was watching it in the final hour when I noticed no one was bidding on it, was a minute to go and it was only on £510 so I put in a bid in and the rest is history as they say.

• Like 3

Another? Damn.

Was lucky enough to cop a LE DX version when Hard To Find Find Records where selling them all cheap at £399 new

No way, I had that in my watch list! Couldn't believe it went so cheap. The last one of them on there sold for like £1200 or something

To be honest Phonetic I wasn't going to bid on it, just had it on my watch list for purely for curiosity to see what it would go for. But as the days passed it sat on £500 with no bids, it wasn't till the last 24 hours that someone finally put a bid in which is when I thought it might heat up in a bidding war. I was at work at the time of auction and was watching it in the final hour when I noticed no one was bidding on it, was a minute to go and it was only on £510 so I put in a bid in and the rest is history as they say.

Thats cool man. I would of love to have a bid on that but was/is a bit skint right before christmas.

Plus the missis would of killed me for spooging so much money on a toy for myself haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After much soul searching i've now decided that i need to properly get with the times when it comes down to music production.

So,after almost two years of resistance I now finally have a brand new laptop with Ableton.

I am collecting it tomorrow.

I'm quite excited about it all to be honest even though I don't know how it works yet.

The forbidden world of multiple Plugins and VST's awaits !

What is a SoftSynth..?

No explanation matters..I shall discover the virtual delights of these things for myself !

No more fucking around with faulty Mini Disc recorders and tape decks for me..

That shit is old !..fuck that.

Help me,please men...

What on earth have I gone and fucking done ?

I am sorry.

Please forgive me.

After much soul searching i've now decided that i need to properly get with the times when it comes down to music production.

So,after almost two years of resistance I now finally have a brand new laptop with Ableton.

I am collecting it tomorrow.

I'm quite excited about it all to be honest even though I don't know how it works yet.

The forbidden world of multiple Plugins and VST's awaits !

What is a SoftSynth..?

No explanation matters..I shall discover the virtual delights of these things for myself !

No more fucking around with faulty Mini Disc recorders and tape decks for me..

That shit is old !..fuck that.

Help me,please men...

What on earth have I gone and fucking done ?

I am sorry.

Please forgive me.

Well done Grandad!

Once you get into you won't look back and I for one, can't wait to hear what you do with it :)

• Like 1

I aim to please ;)

Seriously though, get through the digital wasteland, learn the bits you really have to and you'll be doing some great stuff.

You don't have to get into 'computer production' as such, just use the tools you need to get the job done. Personally, I've found that it's much quicker to get much further on a track on computer based setup and plugins allow you to do much more with samples. Wether that's whole new tricks or just that if I was working with hardware, I'd never have that much outboard gear.

I suppose overall I still use my laptop and Maschine to do what I could've done with an MPC and stacks of outboard processing gear. I can just get the job done quicker and cheaper.

• Like 2