Clover tears

Karol

How yall doing? I'm thinking if you guys have ever struggled to master clover tears two forward to backward. Been scratching for a few years but still I cant get the proper speed. Does anybody know a nice trick which might help? I've seen qbert and some other DJs start slowly with a regular wrist movement and subsequently as they go faster they just switch to two fingers obscurly bent. :|Since I can do super fast forward and backward tears like prizms, I find clover tears so difficult.

Edited by Karol

There's also some good tutorials from chile on it too. I think it's easier if you forget the tears to start with and just try to put three clicks over a baby fwd back motion. Or simplify it further still by just starting with the first motion, two clicks over a fwd, finishing closed at the end of the sound. Then when that's easy enough just add the reverse record movement with a transform click in the middle. Then work on two fwd two back tears and then add the 3 clicks when it's all fluid later.

I don't know if this helps...

To be honest i found the really quick ones easier than doing them slightly slower. I practised a lot different variations of 1/2fwd & 1/2 back till I could do any combination at will, funny how quick they go without practise though! I learnt a lot from watching Jon1st - He does a really nice pitch variation of 2 fwd 2 back which is the slower version I do at the beginning. The quick ones i kind of flick my finger/knuckle fwd to get the jumpy sound, quite often though it reverts to just one tear back though. Eric is the king of these, he can probably do them really quickly with either hand!

i would also advise caution on doing these with any kind of wrist or finger snap as you can do some real damage to tendons etc

• Like 2

Yeah this is what I've been looking for. Thanks bro. Nooo I don't have a difficulty in putting tears over certain scratches. I do swing most of my my techniques. It is just speed of colver tears what I'm struggling the most with. Thank you for videos ;) I'm right handed (right hand on the record) left on the cf (orthodox).

Edited by Karol