Xbox multi player issues

djdiggla

Ever since I switched to cable from DSL i've been having various problems with my network. It's certainly faster, but I constantly have to reset the wifi router and ish like that. Now i'm not even able to play COD multi player. The connection check thing says I'm all fine, I can log into my profile but if I try and get to the multiplayer menu it spins and spins then craps out and says the COD servers are down and to check some website which i do and it says they are all working. I also even get game requests from other players but can't join--nothing happens when i accept them. Fucking pissing me off and might not renew my membership if this shit continues.

Yeah and it comes back fine. At first it wasn't then I switched to lan line (from wifi) and it's been fine. i switched back to wifi just not to check and still comes back as a good connection with Xbox Live. Would it help if i run my router with no encryption?

If it's just that 1 game that's affected then it's probably the Black Ops servers.

If it's other games, then there are a few things you can try, so if one thing doesn't work try the next one on the list: -

1. Make sure UPnP is enabled on your router.

2. Give your 360 a static IP and forward the ports that Xbox Live uses.

3. Put the 360 in the DMZ.

I wouldn't turn off the router's encryption.

Previously I had upnp problems with the wifi but it didn't mention that in my connectivity test this time. Probably that's it tho. This router seems to always reset setting and all kinds of bs. It's a Zytel (?) should I get a linksys or something?

My old router (a Netgear) used to need resetting a lot and it would also lose settings. I switched to a Linksys and it's been rock solid. I wouldn't switch unless you know for certain that that's the problem though. I would try the static IP/port forwarding combo first, cos that often cures connection issues with Xbox Live.

Here's the ports you need to forward: -

ports.jpg

Obviously, you would put in the IP address that you assign to your 360 rather than the one in that image.

OK. Will see if I can do that for the time being. The router is fucking with our smart phones too so if I find a Linksys on sale I'll just grab that.

Got the 360 working and now my stupid p3 isn't media sharing with my pc. Damn. Always something. And my mini disc player broke... lol... Seriously. Where the fuck am I gonna find another one!?