CNP009 - Redmist - Improvise Wisely

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

Well happy to finally announce this one - got the test pressing the other day and it is, as they say in my home town, GERT LUSH

Cut & Paste Records is foaming at the mouth excited to present to you our newest scratch vinyl release..........

12” CNP009 “Redmist – Improvise Wisely”.

After a year's hard work and development, Cut & Paste Records are excited to announce the debut release from One of Chile's leading underground scratch musicians - redmist.

Redmist has repped hard for the South American turntablist scene with various musical collaborations, beat loopers and scratch compositions that stand out for their musical maturity, executed with surgical prescision.

Improvise Wisely was conceived as a musical library for scratch performers to be able to throw on the turntable and start using immediately and intuitively. The sounds have been arranged in a geometric pattern on both sides, so once the user has chosen a starting point, they can easily visualize where corrosponding notes, beats and scales are on the record surface.

Primarily aimed at users of Ultrapitch turntables with +/-50% pitch, a lot of care was taken in the sample selection and the mastering process to ensure the record is as functional as possible on any setup.

Each side contains skipless scratch sentences, grouped by instrument style (eg: Vocal, Percussion, Bass, Synth) and they have even been arranged according to their frequency content to account for the decreasing resolution of record grooves as they get closer to the center of the disc.

Both sides end with tuned lock-grooves, for endless tone-play, and the whole record follows a Jazz-inspired theme both stylistically and in terms of the scales used.

Combine this with a loop-pedal, or use multiple copies and multiple DJs and within moments you will have the makings of new improvised tracks!

Pre-order link is live as of now, this vinyl is currently on schedule to ship August 14th at latest.

You can put your name on a copy here :

http://cutandpasterecords.bigcartel.com/product/12-vinyl-redmist-improvise-wisely-cnp009-pre-order

• Like 5

Very well written thread, sincerely. I would totally be down to cop this if it appealed to traditional pitches. Got any UK Skratch Snack Packs you can send this way, with a few different skratch records or so? Naturally I want to dodge the individual export taxes and shipping rates, thus looking to lock down several in one swoop. Ideally 3-5 waxes.

*Sent from my pay phone

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

haha thanks J house - that's the blurb we send out to shops and stuff who have never even heard of us so you gotta write it a certain way i guess :) other than "this is dope go and cop it bitch".... although that does have a certain ring to it :)

yeah I have pretty much everything in stock, the only thing we ran out of is CNP006 - the 7" with Just Stay Funky and Zarecord together. So maybe PM me a shopping list, you can see em all on bigcartel using the same link above, and I'll get them sent on the ninja express

• Like 1

haha thanks J house - that's the blurb we send out to shops and stuff who have never even heard of us so you gotta write it a certain way i guess :) other than "this is dope go and cop it bitch".... although that does have a certain ring to it :)

yeah I have pretty much everything in stock, the only thing we ran out of is CNP006 - the 7" with Just Stay Funky and Zarecord together. So maybe PM me a shopping list, you can see em all on bigcartel using the same link above, and I'll get them sent on the ninja express

Thanks man, I'm gonna take you up on that. Prolly gonna wait a month because it's ridiculously hot here and I don't want the records to warp in the mailbox. Really hyped to score some new skratch vinyl, it's been a long minute.

Peace.

Guest Symatic

If that's you blurb Sy, you spelled "precision" wrong :p

at least i didn't spell "your" wrong though :)

cheers for spotting though i will change it for the printouts

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Holy balls this is gert lush!!!!!!!

This is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to be too rash being as i've only used it once for a couple of hours or nowt but this seems like the best cnp yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! < That many ! worth

Grab this ish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1