danswift -Lovers Rock

danswift

this is just a little jam that was made from the left over samples of the track

i entered for the DV James Brown beat battle a couple of months ago

it was a one-take type of thing

played live on the sp 404 pads and recorded direct to mini disc with no added overdubs

:((

• Like 3

This is fire. Love those horns

and it moves enough to make it

good to listen to without a

bunch of extra filler.

Thanks Jam !

I was trying to get a slightly haunted feeling into the music like it was playing in an almost deserted dancehall at 3 in the morning or something and that seemed to work best with a more sparse and stripped back arrangement of the samples i was using...i did have a couple of extra samples i was gonna use but i just didnt have enough fingers to do it live on the 404's pads... :((

Theres also a lot of natural air around the drums which comes from the room they were originally recorded in and I think that really helps to move the track along and create the empty and open spaced effect i was hoping to achieve without having to drench the drumbreak with some unatural, processed sounding reverb which i never like the sound of anyway

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Dan that is super dope mate, really great flip! Highly agree with Rock Well with his comment

Sampling needs you in it mate!

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

Sick dan. Liking the slightly off loop on the drums, sounds like a beat made from a accidental lock groove, juuuust skipping in time. Dope

• Like 1

Yo thanks Sy

The beat was made from 2 seperate grooves in matching tempo by the same drummer

I just played around with the bass drum and snare hits on the 404 pads,-resampled it and it was good to go !.. :((