Ableton Live 9.7 Beta

Stand out features (for me)

• New slicing options – chop samples by beat divisions or regions, as well as manually or by transients (a new Simpler feature that also works without Push).
  • New drum layout – with 16 set velocity levels for playing and programming more dynamic beats.

• Visual feedback for tighter recordings – new display info shows clip phase and count-in so you can start and finish clip recordings more accurately.

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/live-9-7-coming-soon/

Beat slicing and 16 levels is the only reason i kept Maschine going, I've tested the beta and it's great so far!

I am so out of date it is ridiculous, that video they are jokingly calling a performance sounds like.....well it just sounds shit to me, it's that simple !!

Ableton trying to catch Maschine users who shifted from standalone mpcs... I believe a lot in realtime composition with techniques like live looping but invesment in gear like that to came with boring out of harmony scale music make me feel sad due some of my friends are still using live nowadays. Anyways Live has growing slowly the past 5 years meanwhile my interest on x86 platform has decreased so fast xD

Edited by Mutis Mayfield

Live is an amazing Monster (Don't use it here much to be honest, but it is awesome) but these videos that these companiee keep showing as "Special" is offensive, I mean if these are the sort of guys NI are asking what to add to Maschine, It's no wonder it is such a development mess.

• Like 1