how to find the generation on a ttx

Guest rasteri

The ones with the old chips are called "TTX1" and don't have variable torque, the newer ones are called "TTX" or "TTX USB" and have the variable torque

• Like 1

hello...which is the one that works and does not have problems with motor?

The ones with the old chips are called "TTX1" and don't have variable torque, the newer ones are called "TTX" or "TTX USB" and have the variable torque

I've seen ones also that appear to be mid-gen. I bought one on ebay... couldn't tell if it was a 1 or not but was super cheap so took the risk. It says TTX1 on the body but if you take off the platter it has the vents. Essentially that's what you want is vents under the platter (see pic below). I did a lot of reading trying to figure it out. From what I've read even the TTX has the risk of being the old version under the hood. My guess is they had deadstock parts from the original run and used them. TTX USB is the best to get but if you can get a good enough deal and it has the vents it *should* be fine.

LNujFk5.jpg

2003 saw a silent but much needed update – the heat issues were addressed with a bigger heat sink and a new motor, which effectively got rid of the troublesome sensors. The next incarnation in 2005 sought to keep possible switchers happy. Mega torque isn’t for everyone and indeed I’m not even sure it’s that important despite manufacturers pushing greater torqued motors upon us. But Numark thought it would be cool to introduce an idea that has been kicked around for years – variable torque. The TTX now comes with 3 settings roughly matching the competition. And at this point, Numark updated things under the hood as well, by adding vents under the platter to cater for the extra heat generated by the new motor.

https://djworx.com/numark-ttx-review/

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up picking them up like 3 hours before you put up that pic. These do not have the vents. I tested them before I bought them and they seem fine. Only paid $200 for the pair. I haven't had the chance to give them a good spin at home. Hopefully they are good.

• 1 year later...

***update*****

So the motor on one deck stopped on me and the display ring started flashing. Its happened a few times before. Usually i can just tap on the platter and it will reset. But today it stopped while i was in the middle of a mix. I found a quick fix online, just had to solder two pins together to bypass the optical sensor. Actually took more time to remove the bottom of the deck than it did to solder the joint. So far its running fine. Only played it for 20 mins before life took over again.