• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 broma

broma
  • Elite Member
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

Oh hai guys,

Thought I may as well upload these. The Delfonics one if anyone remembers, they probably don't, I gave up on but fuck it, here it is.

The Black Caesar beat... only over a year late. Had the files sitting there all this time and finally got round to throwing together some chops and drums.

Enjoy... maybe?!

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Listen on Soundcloud.com

• djdiggla, Darcyd, DJ Rock Well and 5 others like this

#2 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

Both of these are great dude !
Symatic on O9 May 2016-08.49 PM said
oh dan you filthy bastard why open such a nerd can of worms to a bunch of beat perverts like you find on here ???
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

#3 broma

broma
  • Elite Member
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Thanks man!

#4 joeClockwork

joeClockwork
  • Elite Member
  • 797 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

Yeah man, these are nice. The Black Caesar one is my fave.

Holy shit. Not even Bitches With Whips prepared me for that. 

#5 broma

broma
  • Elite Member
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

Cheers mate. Really nice to get positive feedback as I don't have much confidence to be honest. Need to up the speed of getting these done though!

#6 joeClockwork

joeClockwork
  • Elite Member
  • 797 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

Same here. I've been thinking about doing a late submission like you've done. It's just finding the time!

• danswift likes this

#7 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

Well this is something I approve of VERY much!.. and I can't even listen til I get home.

Chuffed to see this stuff being useful after the battle too, I definitely encourage anybody sitting on stuff to finish it and share.

• broma, danswift and Psychedelic Schizophrenic like this

#8 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Well this is something I approve of VERY much!.. and I can't even listen til I get home.

Chuffed to see this stuff being useful after the battle too, I definitely encourage anybody sitting on stuff to finish it and share.

Lol..I've got a shit ton from the battles I haven't entered .I always download the wavs for the challenges Matt ..they're always too good not to ! 

• DJ Rock Well likes this
oh dan you filthy bastard why open such a nerd can of worms to a bunch of beat perverts like you find on here ???

#9 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

Well Dan... surely you're familiar with the universal scratch forum call to arms that is 'poast a phile bitch'?! :d

Seriously mate, that's all part of it. Battle aside, it's good to be able to share one of the very few resources I have to offer with likeminded people.

• broma and danswift like this

#10 Symatic

Symatic
  • Elite Member
  • 5,635 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

wicked stuff broma, nice sound to em overall, and great pick of samples

• broma likes this

#11 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Really nice to get positive feedback as I don't have much confidence to be honest. 

Dude,your stuff is cool ..you have a nice style all of your own which is always a pleasure to listen to whenever you've submitted tracks for the challenges..

keep doing what you do  !

• broma likes this

#12 djdiggla

djdiggla
  • Elite Member
  • 18,859 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

Love the Black Caesar beat--we used the same sample so it's really cool to hear it flipped different. 

Great sample choice on Delfonics. That flip got me cranked up man!

Glad you posted these.

Also, Windex is not 'streak free' despite the claims of the manufacturers of the product which state otherwise.

#13 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Finally listened and I really like them both. You sure do a nice job taking samples I know well somewhere fresh I haven't heard before. Respect!

• broma likes this

#14 Mike-L

Mike-L
  • Elite Member
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:49 AM

Both of these beats are great

• broma likes this

#15 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:27 AM

Dunno why you not got confidence, I always dig your beats bro. They're always nicely mixed and have a nice vibe to em.

#16 broma

broma
  • Elite Member
  • 943 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Thanks guys! Pleased you dig them. Gotta work on the confidence, this helps a bit, ha. Mental health hey :(

And once again, BIG thanks Rock Well for providing the inspiration.

• djdiggla likes this

#17 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

Thanks mate, although I actually do very little and mostly I'd be doing it for myself anyway... this is all just a very half-hearted attempt to endear myself to others ;)

Mental health aside, sharing music you've made is a stressful business! You've gotta put something of yourself into it and that really exaggerates the potential highs and lows of revealing it to the world.

What I would say though is that with the DV sample flip battles, everyone's punching at a very respectable level. You can't predict people's personal taste, so there's always that, but across the board I'm hearing beats that could and should be released into the wider world.

Ironically, I hear a fair bit music out there that's for sale, even getting universal props that's NOT even close to what's been produced here. I guess shameless self promotion skills often out muscle actual skills.
  • danswift likes this

#18 Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Psychotic Fader Fingerer

• Elite Member
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Both tracks are dope Broma  :8

Maybe we could have a dedicated thread in the beat battle section for people to share finished beats?

• djdiggla, joeClockwork and danswift like this

#19 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, old battle threads are probably too much to trawl though. I'll sort something tonight.

#20 joeClockwork

joeClockwork
  • Elite Member
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Both tracks are dope Broma  :8

Maybe we could have a dedicated thread in the beat battle section for people to share finished beats?

That's a good idea. Pin it to the top of the section, maybe.

• danswift likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users