Photo

Repairing Mixars Cut

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 johnydest

johnydest
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

So my Mixars Cut had a problem. One of the XLR outputs stopped working. The RCA outputs where both working, so I opened it to see if there is something wrong with the XLR connections.

Opening the mixer I noticed that most of the space inside was empty. They could make the mixer smaller, all the weight comes from the thick metal casing.

ZlKxbz9.jpg

I was looking for anything unusual at the XLR area. I am not an expert but what I found was something really noticeable.

Two of the capacitor where ''naked''. Thats the first time I see something like that. I dont know if this is normal.

I replaced all 4 capacitors at this spot and the mixer seems to work fine for now.

That was very disapointing. I know that this is a budget mixer and you get what you pay for. I know some things come out of the factorie wrong but this is surely not a ''Mini tank'' as advertised.

mKBO4xK.jpg

#2 Symatic

Symatic
  • Elite Member
  • 5,635 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

good work getting it fixed :) maybe the capacitors are poor quality.... unless you think you ran it really loud all the time.....

#3 johnydest

johnydest
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

yeah not only poor quality but if you see at the picture 2 of them have no enclosure at all... I am suprised they worked in the first place

#4 Symatic

Symatic
  • Elite Member
  • 5,635 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

they just looked like that from the beginning? i would have thought the metal lids would have blown off and be rattling around inside the mixer.... if they looked like that from the start thats kinda weird

#5 johnydest

johnydest
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

yeah thats the funny part, there were not empty metal lids inside the mixer

#6 rasteri

rasteri
  • Elite Member
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

Yeah those caps have exploded. Weird you can't find the enclosures - maybe they just vapourised, haha.

#7 rasteri

rasteri
  • Elite Member
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

Or maybe Mixars damaged the caps during assembly? Either way it doesn't say a lot for their quality control - either the caps they're using are cheap or poorly specced, or their assemblers are gash.

#8 johnydest

johnydest
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

I knew caps can leak but I didn't know caps can explode, wow!

#9 Mutis Mayfield

Mutis Mayfield
  • Elite Member
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

I knew caps can leak but I didn't know caps can explode, wow!

Try to connect them wrong + - and you will see it through your own eyes (pOoUuFffff).
The bigger the best. :trollface:
  • johnydest likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users