Have I messed up the Akai AMX Innofader by trying to reduce the cut lag?

I have been reading about the cut lag in the Akai AMX Innofader and the consensus is just deal with it... I have researched the DIY mod type things that were used back in the day to get the fader cut sharper and the credit card mod stood out as a possible solution.

I didn't want to open the AMX and try to tweak the calibration so I cut a piece of rubber and it rested up against the edge and reduced the cut and the rubber gave it a bounce back feel that helped me to get tighter cuts. This worked for a while...

The thing kind of fell in and made the cut almost too tight that the fader needs holding to the right to stop the left sound from coming through.

I am stupid I know... The thing worked better and other than the fader now being pushed back allowing the other side through it's still better than before.

The problem is I don't know what will happen if I remove it or recalibrate etc. Is there any way to keep the cut and feel but make sure I am not breaking the fader (if I haven't already!). Do I need to unscrew the fader part of the AMX?

You will need to recalibrate it, innofaders need recalibrated periodically

With the rubber still inside? Will that give it more room or revert back to the lag? I actually just got some of the proper felt spacers as I saw them for a £1 or so while ordering some stuff. I know they are not made for the AMX but I presumed that it would be better than the rubber I cut.

If I take it out I will have to open it, is the idea of using spacers to help with the cut worth trying still? The AMX is fine for me but it has the biggest distance out of all the faders I've tried. It seems like a few people say they can't crab etc (not that I can yet either!) so I guess the lag is standard?