BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - The only record I could find at short notice

DJ Rock Well

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Likewise for myself, hopefully aiming to get my track done by the weekend..... Then I can crank up the badman vibes :) :8

• Like 1

Unfortunately my original idea is taking to long to get down, so I might have to switch to plan b

I finally finished a beat last night, I just want to double check my levels with fresh ears tonight and then I'll upload.

Just a simple as it gets hop hip beat which will probably grow into something else one day via vocals, cuts, extra instruments, etc. But for now it'll have to do :ph34r:

• Like 1

I finally finished a beat last night, I just want to order a 4 hour banquet from the local chinese then check out the latest episodes of Game of Thrones ive missed with fresh eyes and ears tonight and then I'll upload around midnight probably

Fixed.. :d

Unfortunately my original idea is taking to long to get down, so I might have to switch to plan b

Yes plan B!

The Plan B Posse In Effect ;)

In an effort not to just give in to temptation to loop huge chunks of this record, I played the imaginary limited sample time game again. All sounds came off the record, all tightly truncated - just some single drum hits, four stabs/notes and a couple of really short incidental sounds. I used some filtering, pitching and delay to make a bit more out of the sounds I had and then just played around with patterns a bit to see what I could make with bugger all.

Very golden age style instrumental there Rock and as the track was playing i was trying to think of rappers from that period who would've sounded cool on it but there were too many of them that came to mind tbh so i picked The Pharcyde for some reason lol

Really liked it mate,.. good stuff.. :((

• Like 1

Thanks Dan, it's pretty weak compared to the dystopian future soundtracked by Si and Pete (seriously, fucking hell fellas!) and obviously needs a rap on it or something. I did think about just keeping a loop for a future looper and bailing on this but fuck it, it's all good experience.

Guest Symatic

Yes matt. Dope shit. Love that break. Have been well into the matata album. I actually rmemeber "i feel funky" from an old african funk compilation i used to have. So much in here tho.i actually have another beat on my phone using the samples... and i wanna do one with "good samaritan" cos it kinda soubds like they say symatic:)

Guest Symatic

Random 2nd beat. Same deal, all made on my phone so apologies for the sound. Mastered on the phones speaker :)

Not entering for the battle but i felt like posting it anyway

• Like 1