Tapatalk updated

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I've updated it twice more since starting this thread. I assume it's working OK.

I tried it, but I can't see what the attraction of it is. Isn't it basically the same to just use the mobile skin that the site already has? Or am I missing something?

Works good for me.

I like the way it keeps track of unread threads and that you can host and post pics direct from it instead of emailing to self, uploading to site then posting.

I dont like having browser windows open just for a forum and the size on the browser defaults to be too small.

I guess the most important part is it's stable. Crashes occasionally but the IPproboards app crashes almost every time and usually within 60 seconds.

Ah, fair play. As it's a paid app, I only used it for 10 minutes so I could uninstall it and get a refund. The 10 minutes I used it didn't convince me it was worth keeping, but some of that does sound quite handy.

ah i just find its a quick way for checking DV while on bored onthe daily commute .. my phones pretty shitty so viewing on the browser is pretty crap compared to tapatalk.. time to download buy the update.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

lol. Probably tappa's end but I mentioned it in case there is a new forum update. I try using the two IP board apps but they always crash or give error messages.

They just released an update, which I've just installed. Let me know if that makes any difference (good or bad!).

If there's any major issues with it, please provide as much detail as you can, including sceenshots if you can, as that helps a lot when I contact them about it.

They just released an update, which I've just installed. Let me know if that makes any difference (good or bad!).

If there's any major issues with it, please provide as much detail as you can, including sceenshots if you can, as that helps a lot when I contact them about it.

Thanks Steve!!

• 2 months later...

I've been unable to post on Tappa the last couple days. It reloads like it just posted but then I'm looking at the same thing.

I dont seem to really have any major issues except that vid dont sjiw up any more, even those linked after the recent invision update

I updated it and did a fresh install, but I don't know if that's fixed the issues as I don't use it. The latest version is still older than the newest version of the forum software, so it's possible that they'll need to release an update to fix compatibility issues with the current version of IP.Board.

Other than that, try the usual clearing cookes/cache, logging out/in stuff cos if it's not affecting KC then it could be an issue at your end, Dirk.

Let me know how it's working and if it's still messed up, I'll look into it some more.

I just updated it again. Changelog: -

1.fixed bug:only loads 20 threads in get_latest_topic() and get_unread_topic() methods;
2.fixed bug:can not display quoted user name;
3.fixed bug:can not display youtube link;
4.support bullet point list;
5.add result_text in get_config when forum was in maintanence;
6.optimization for multi-quote;
7.fixed a series of new line bugs when posting/replying/editing/displaying;
8.support custom content replacement;
9.get_inbox_stat level 4 support
10.rewrite get_online_users method and optimize online user display;
11.add kindle fire HD detect;
12.fixed bug:can not save content with bbcode quote tag in ipb3.4.3 version;
13.fix some display name issues;
14.fixed bug:can not correctly get_unread_topic and get_latest_topic in some ipb 3.4 versions;
15.fix register send email validate url error;
16.fix update email,send email validate url error;
17.fixed bug:auto follow issue;
18.fixed bug:can not run detect js on mobile device browser in mobile mode;
19.add tapatalk_allow_register option;
20.fixed some data issues returned by get_participated_topic and get_subscribed_topic methods;
21.fix sub topic and sub forums push issue;
22.fixed bug:can not run detect js on https site;
23.some other modify;

• 1 month later...

Updated again. Changelog: -

Update note: -

optimize advanced search feature

replace app alert with app banner

updated BYO options

add push failed status tracking for network problem

optimize online page from browser for byo user

add color bbcode compatibility

fixed line break issue when posting

fixed url in report post email can not open issue

We removed old options of BYO and added new options. You may need to uninstall the hook then reinsall it to update the BYO options. In this case, tapatalk push user table will be cleaned up and app users need do login to get push notification work.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update: -

Update note: -

fixed topic preview is not the last post issue in latest tabs
fixed tag user push notification issue from app
fixed tag user push notification issue at some special situation
fixed image upload compatibility issue
fixed color bbcode compatibility issue
fixed BYO android product id compatibility problem
optimized BYO icon link url on member online page

• 3 weeks later...

And again: -