BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Banana Jazz

Sorry it's been a while ;)

I'm going with this because it was at my house today and it's full of samples... good and bad, but still there's some options here.

1973 LP on Mainstream by Jay Berliner, called 'Bananas are not created equal'.

The wavs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fh2vbk7rpeg65o9/Bananas%20Samples.zip?dl=0

As usual, the only rule is that you have to sample at least one sound from the audio files provided above. You can add any other sounds, samples, instruments, cuts, vocals, etc. The final result can be any style, medium or genre you like.

Post up your entries in the comments of this thread.

Deadline for entries will be the end of Tuesday, 25th June.

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Nice one Rocky on the D/L, looking forward to getting completely over excited on the samples and knocking out some bannana jizz :wub:

• Like 1

Joe - Yep! Alongside people like Cornell Dupree too... the band is the usual Mainstream standard, it's just Jay himself who's a bit of a let down TBH. Plenty of intros and breakdowns to chop still though.

Pete - you won't like this one mate, it's almost jazz funk. Unless you know some magic way to make everything sound filthy and brutal of course...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for kind comment Dan, much appreciated mate. Not sure if I'm digging it much to be honest hence the song title, sounds like a big pile of wank to me :((

• Like 1

Thanks Fexi you can bust your shit over the jizzfest :(( Still not feeling it tho :unsure:

• Like 1

Thanks for the love and kind words Dirk, much appreciated mate :8 Really looking forward to giving your track a listen later.

Damn nice beats by Dirk and Broma :8

I'm cool with waiting if anyone else is cooking something up for the battle? :8

• Like 1

Likewise, I've got no qualm holding off if someone else has a beat in the pipes. IMO it's more fun with more entries. Love seeing how everyone flips the same record.

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words Broma :8, I agree with Dirk and hopefully we get a few more entries to spice things up :8